Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off bill abroad

Matty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone help I’ve visited turkey and got charged £37 for 1 days worth of internet didn’t think it would be a problem as I was in Jamaica a few month ago and rang up and they said yeah everything’s fine it does it automatically and it was £5 a day for usage, I rang o2 and they couldn’t care less said I upgraded so they took my auto travel Bolt on off which is free to have on anyway, when I landed I used my o2 app to message someone asking if it was £5 a day to use and they never responded now the help message has disappeared? All that o2 said was they would take £10 off my bill which is a complete joke!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Matty 

See community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Roaming-in-Turkey-and-Cyprus-On-PAYG/bc-p/1105917

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MattyTurkey is in Europe but not part of the EU

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/EU-Roaming-Changes-from-15th-June-2017-CONTRACT-ONLY-quo...

So unless you had the O2 Travel Bolt on you would be paying international rates

https://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

International Rates

O2 Turkey.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Matty
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did have the o2 travel bolt on on but when I upgraded they took it off, it’s free to have that Bolt on in-use, and I messaged them and asked through my app about getting a text about £7.20 per mb and they never replied in 3 hours then the message icon in the app disappeared so now I can’t message them, if I messaged them asking to buy someone I bet it wouldn’t take 3 hours to message back?
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess you should have checked that before you traveled though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Matty
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I checked on their website and it said that turkey wasn’t in the free o2 travel companies and it costs £5 a day which i accept but it doesn’t make it clear anywhere that you have to sign up for the o2 travel bolt on and I don’t see why they’ve taken that bolt on off my new contract when I’ve upgraded, it seems like a ploy to scam consumers out of money
Message 6 of 6