Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Lack Of Contact

JJCityKids
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, no surprise this just sent me to a message board. Has this "communications company" now become telephone only? With hours to wait?

Raised a complaint weeks ago, still nothing

Take a sim only when I took this number over from my soon to be ex wife, and advised 3-6 months, if I wanted I could upgrade to a handset (I had a perfectly good iphone 13pro, still do), so, no need for one at the start. After the app stating, come back in 2 months, and so on, it comes to that 6 month time, and, I can upgrade if I pay around £400? Something off a mis-sell is that not, from "you can add a handset after 3-6 months"

Couple that with calls "from O2" but clearly not, asking for the former account owner. Do O2 just sell old data to anyone?

My app says I am eligible for Volt Benefits, yet, I dont have a Virgin Media account, how interesting? 

O2 claim I am transfered from Virgin Media, but, not on the main number, just the secondary one my kid has, and, they sent me no information for weeks, causing 2 data sims to be disconnected, and, my existing My O2 account to be screwed up because they set a new one up. Wonderful all round

So, apart from the phone, which is a no go at work, how the hell do you talk to anyone? Have they got rid of all their staff and just employed the muppets that were at Virgin Mobile? Cant believe they were actually better haha

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@JJCityKids 

The upgrade isnt guaranteed to be available, so it can keep changing if you dont meet o2's criteria (you should have read the terms at point of signing up instead of clicking agree).

The calls are prevelant across all networks, but more so on o2  since the merger, as get a spread sheet and a dialler and call up and get a hit rate of 1% and you are laughing . 

If you still need help then the Social Media teams will be on hand, just send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

JJCityKids
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers, I used to actually work for O2, I know how it works, but, I dont mind not being eligible, I mind hidden costs being added. This was never mentioned, so, its definitely a mis-sell. Gone to the dogs since the merger, really has. All the trust is gone, as my account is a mess, not payment wise, just actual information, products etc all being a state

I figured it was a spam job, quite enjoying all the different ones

Message 3 of 7

JJCityKids
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I mean, the short version is, some kind of customer service would be nice haha, its laughable. Trying the embarassing facebook thing, an hour later, nope. Social Media team probably to busy picking their arses

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Social media can take a couple of days, best to keep pinging them. However, they are more likely to get things sorted.

Yep, things are bad customer service wise and I don't think mose hear would disagree 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

To be honest @JJCityKids  , Social Media took a total of 7 hrs Including me been at work and not seeing the message to reply to for 4 hours, to fix the issue I had with Volt...  Certainly a lot better than calling CS

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

JJCityKids
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, haha, I have literally had a response now, as I was reading this, they are excelling haha

Message 7 of 7