Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Paddy3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I bought a pay monthly iPad and unfortunately it was dead out of the box. Contacted customer service who sent a replacement out next day for the doorstep swap. I got the iPad packaged up and labels printed. Dhl arrived with the new iPad today and refused to take the old one away because they were not instructed to do so,it wasn’t labeled with their labels and had no secure box. I will give them a call tomorrow to see what they have to say, but seeing if anyone else had this issue.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Paddy3  Obviously call customer service, but I would think that whichever company's return label it is, that's who it should go back with so you can track the return.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it was a doorstep swap then the courier should have taken it. Call Dpd & tell them to come back
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Paddy3  Obviously call customer service, but I would think that whichever company's return label it is, that's who it should go back with so you can track the return.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Paddy3 

It sounds like the courier wasn't instructed by O2 to collect the old iPad.

When I did a doorstep exchange, the courier bought their own packaging and label to put the phone in to return to O2.

You need to call customer service to find out what they want you to do with it.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201413#M2924...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Paddy3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s just basic returns label with my name and address plus the return address, o2 return center Vulcan north road.
Dhl’s driver refused because it had no barcode or any other information to scan in.
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's understandable why the driver refused, @Paddy3, and it was probably better for you that he did. If there were no barcodes on the return label, he wouldn't have been able to give you a receipt that it had been collected, nor would you have been able to track the return. Make sure when you speak to customer service that they issue you a proper return label. You don't want to be responsible for it once it leaves your possession.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6