Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved Fraud Case Money Credited to Wrong Account

Wrgdav767
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was involved in a Fraud Case back in October 23. Someone had ordered a phone and set up a contract using my details. I was able to contact O2 prior to the phone being sent and report the fraud however it dragged on for months with several letters/emails being issued demanding payment.

In February 24 I received a text stating the fraud had been resolved. 4 weeks later I got a call from my credit card provider stating they were cutting my credit limit due to a dramatic fall in my credit rating. I logged on and this was due to outstanding balance in the O2 fraud account which had not been closed.

I contacted O2 to try and resolve this, they then opened up another fraud ticket to get this account closed.

3 weeks later I received a credit in my current account and o2 paid off my current phone with the amount totalling what was still owed on the fraud account.

The fraud account is still showing a balance that's to be owed totalling over £1000 and I have just received an email that this money needs paid by June 24.

In summary O2 have credited the wrong account which is causing great distress as my credit rating is at an all time low. 

Frustratingly every-time I contact O2 the agents are very unhelpful and put me on hold for long periods of time. To me this should be a simple solution, fraud case has been resolved, instead of crediting my current account, credit the fraud account and close, then contact credit agency to resolve my credit rating.

Can anybody help me with this as I've exhausted all avenues.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145059 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Wrgdav767 

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write or fax them:

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2