cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal/Refresh queries and questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am new to the forum and only just introduced myself. I have 2 pay monthly contracts with O2. One for my daughter (blackberry, this was a 12 month contract) and one for myself (Sony Xperia this was a 2yr contract). I have got a Loyalty Discount on one of these, of £13 a month - I was informed this was because I had been with O2 for a number of years. Both contracts are up for renewal, My daughters runs out the 31st Oct and mine on the 28th Oct.

My daughter would have liked a same model of blackberry or a newer model, however with the tariffs being more expensive that previous years, she has settled for a lower grade phone, and today I have collected the purple blackberry for her, along with the new SIMMs. This was ordered online.

I now wish to know if

A) do I need to cancel the old contract even tho it expires on the 30th Oct? as in my account section it states the next bill is due in Nov? and that I now have 3 accounts on there. ( her old and new account, along with mine)..

B)Can you help with the following?

the other query I have, is that when I have spoken to the online chat representatives, I was advised that the Loyalty Discount would be transferred over to the new contract, but not just that, the advisor also told me that this was also going to be put onto my own new account if I renewed,(so both on my daughters and mine, which had my daughter and i chose the handsets we wanted with this in mind) but then when I was transferred through to the sale team to place the actual order for the phones, I was advised that this was not the case, and that I would not be having any Loyalty Discounts at all. The advisor apologised for the advise given to me by the first advisor, and as he told me I wasn't having any loyalty discount, and that he could not proceed on that promise. At this time, I was also looking to order my own renewed contract at the same time, and go for the new Sony Z1, so I didn't renew there and then, and thought to shop around, however I was upset that O2 did keep their promises made to me by the representative (I have transcript emailed to myself) as for the first time O2 was not even trying to retain me as a customer, even when I advised that I had found that carphone warehouse would be able to provide the SonyZ1 for £32 a month and they also threw in  gifts - Sony speakers, and with each mobile ordered came another blue tooth headset gift, so saving £5 a month and providing me with some pretty nice goodies.

I advised that I would stay with O2 - if they would be able to keep the loyalty discount on my new account, and that I would remain with O2, but this was refused. Customer retention is not at the top of O2's agenda this year.

despite all this, I have been with O2 for so many years, that I remain loyal, and still ordered my daughters blackberry and renewed contract, and also my own, for what I thought was the Sony Z1 - as I followed the links on the first page on the website, it then went straight to the phone, and offered it in purple - I chose the purple one (as I love purple) but then went I went to collect this from the O2 shop, saw in the shop that the purple model is not the Z1 but a SonyZ, and that this does not have the features of the Z1 - ( I was extremely interested in the info gathering feature when photo's of objects are taken - like statues) and the Sonyz didn't have these, although the tariff is exactly the same (the order I placed with O2 came to 37 a month which is the same for the Z1)- I felt a bit cheated. I told the person at the store ( Mathew) that I wanted the Z1, and that the website had me confused and I ordered the wrong phone - and he advised he would return the phone. (I never even held the box it was in). I asked for a receipt to show I had not collected this - and was advised he could not print anything of for me - but showed me on his screen that he had put it in returned status. I asked if he could provide me with the Z1 - as its the same order,only a different handset, but he advised he couldn't as I ordered online/ he told me that they had them in stock there n then, but as I ordered online, the other headset had to be returned first. I asked about this, as I was not returning it, and the shop is, as I had never received it - wouldn't this show on their system? and he advised me it would and showed me - I saw Returned on the status, and also saw that the shop had received it before that. - how can I return something I Havant had? He assured me they were liable for the handset, and showed me the screen that this was being returned after received, and being sent back, and that if anything should happen to the handset now - they were completely liable, I wasn't.. He told me to go online to O2chat, and that they would be able to see the item arrived there and is being sent back by them, and that they would be able to then approve the Z1. I did this, but the online agent advised they could not approve me having the Z1, until the other handset was received by them, and I needed to return the handset. I advised I had never received the handset, and that the O2 shop had it still, and were returning it. The representative advised me this could take upto 5 days. I ordered it on the 15th, and this may now go beyond the 7 day cancellation period. I wished to cancel the order, but they couldn't do that either until they received the phone back from me - even tho I have never received the phone, it arrived at the  O2 shop, stayed there, and is being returned by the O2 shop!. I'm going on holiday on Saturday and wont have access to much network ( N Ireland) yet am told that I need to be able to log onto the o2 chat, to cancel the order for the phone I didn't want ( thought was a Z1) and that then I'd be able to open a new contract. The representative told me that just because the handset had been returned, that even when received by them, this would not cancel the contract, as they would require my approval - I advised I gave my approval now - but that was not able to be done until the handset is back with O2 - even tho it never left O2!!! So not only do I now feel cheated by the website - as it looked like the purple was a Z1 by the links I followed, I now may not be able to cancel a contract due to Internet access, haven't got the handset I wished for in Ireland, lost my loyalty discount, and may be stuck with a contract I was unable to cancel within the cooling period because of all this 😞  I feel quite upset, as it seems I am being held responsible for something I was advised in the shop I am not responsible for - the return of the handset I never even touched - and this was not the handset I thought it was - they refused to cancel the order as they have not received it back from me? and I am unable to cancel it - so without phone whilst on holiday and without the features I wished to use ( giants causeway 😞 ) and now I feel really quite upset with the whole thing. My daughters Phone is costing me £22 a month, mine will be £37 a month, my daughter hasn't got the phone she would have liked however she seems happy with the lower grade model, and I don't have a phone at all, and am unable to cancel this contract as I wont have access to Internet from Saturday to the 26th Oct. The new contracts cost me from what I am paying now roughly £44 a month to £59 a month, and I have stayed loyal - however do not feel any loyalty from O2 - and however stupid it may sound - it has deeply upset me as I felt valued before but don't at all now. I just do not understand why they could not have just given me the handset I thought I chose online at the shop, as they had the other handset there and are returning it, is there no trust between the O2 shop and the Depot? even tho they advised me they were completely Liable for its return?  and they showed me on their system, and advised if anything happened to it they were completely liable for it as I didn't receive it, however, they couldn't give me the handset they had in stock there n then, and neither could I cancel the contract online, so that I could go back to the shop and open one there at least then I could have had the handset - and this feels like I'm being held responsible for something I am assured I'm not responsible for - and I have no control over. All I would have liked is to have the handset in time - and would presume that the online staff would have seen the returned phone on their system,  but now this contract wont be able to be cancelled in time for me to have the option to get a new one either, even if I wanted to.  it makes me feel like returning the blackberry too, and just taking both contracts to another provider all together and accept the free gifts with it.. Unhappy and upset customer - O2 for the first time in around 10 years you have let me down, and I have lost my assurance and confidence, so if anything can be done, please help me stay.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and welcome to the forum,

We are all customers here too apart from a couple of site O2 Employees.

I would suggest you circumvent Live Chat advice and follow what your told by the Uk Customer Services via 202 from your phone or from a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

Live Chat is run by non Uk outsourced callcentres and we advise not to engage them in account enquiries and upgrading/taking new contracts out.

O2 operate a fair deal policy so both new and existing customers get the same offers. It does pay to shop around and look at the independants such as CPW.

If you have upgraded then the account will just carry on.

Again check with 02 Customer services that you have upgraded and not opened a new pay monthly account.

If you have then they can sort this for you.

Speaking to O2 Customer Services will help clarify all you have put in your post.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and welcome to the forum,

We are all customers here too apart from a couple of site O2 Employees.

I would suggest you circumvent Live Chat advice and follow what your told by the Uk Customer Services via 202 from your phone or from a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

Live Chat is run by non Uk outsourced callcentres and we advise not to engage them in account enquiries and upgrading/taking new contracts out.

O2 operate a fair deal policy so both new and existing customers get the same offers. It does pay to shop around and look at the independants such as CPW.

If you have upgraded then the account will just carry on.

Again check with 02 Customer services that you have upgraded and not opened a new pay monthly account.

If you have then they can sort this for you.

Speaking to O2 Customer Services will help clarify all you have put in your post.

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called O2, started of calling regarding my daughters phone, and was left with an auto message that i couldnt do anything but call the number on the bottom of my most recent bill. went onto the o2 billing, and there was no number there.

Called back, and opted ofr my own number - spoke with a representative, who advised me that things were not right on my account, and that the blackberry upgrade had been put against my own number, instead of my daughters, but also added as a brand new account, instead of a refresh, and thus now had 3 accounts. She canceled my daughters old mobile phone, but regarding the z1 - she also said that until this was received back instore, they couldnt cancel my contract/refresh, however as i was going on holiday advised she would txt me to advise when this was received back, and then also put a call back in for after my holiday so that i can cancel things and still show as if this was done within the 7 day period.

my daughters contract was all paid up, and so i was told they would email me a link which i could follow to claim the extra month already paid back. i looked at my emails after the chat on the phone, and low and behold it looks like somehow another purple sonyz has been ordered for me today???? this has a completely different order number, and I Have NOT ordered another one ( todays date is showing next to it) so i called back again and now the lines are shut. I cant do anymore, and will just wait for the chat when im back from holiday - but yet again something has gone wrong... 😞  also the loyalty discount will not apply to my accounts, and i was advised this time that this was for the 12 month contract?? when i got this loyalty discount, it was over the phone and i was advised it was because i was a long standing customer, now im being told different versions everytime im on the phone..

at least my daughters issue has now been resolved, ill keep you posted when i get back.

thank you

Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad your getting sorted.

Don't use Live Chat for your issues please.

Only use O2 Uk customer services for account and upgrade / new contract enquiries.
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought this forum was here to help people and share experiences? im sorry if i was wrong - i can advise that now i have returned from holiday that they canceled my phone early, i never got a txt as promised to advise that the handset was received, neither the promised phone call to advise that all would be canceled, but instead a 480 bill for something i never ordered or received. so still no further by online chat with O2 or their uk call center.

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

emailed O2 but got an automated email back to advise it is not a proper email address. emailed the person who confirmed the account cancelation.. john barnes from O2 and copied n pasted the origional email sent. im now unable to call O2 for free as my mobile cant call 202 and its 5p from a landline. luckily my partner is also on O2 so i am at the moment in a 10 minute queue to wait to speak to a uk representative. i have a meeting at 11:45 and wont be able to call again until late afternoon as need to travel to it, however this is a nightmare. i cant contact my daughter nor anyone me on my mobile - and no i dont have a work mobile... 18 minutes now.. not happy im going to get this sorted.. 😞 and not stuck with a 480 pound bill that O2 will try and take out of my account - i just hope this will not create issues as my car insurance needs to come out of my account and this could potentially cause so much more stress... 😞

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

22 minutes later.. 😞 no joy - and i have to leave to catch a train.

Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't help you I'm afraid but can sympathise as I have had similar frustrating experiences. Nowhere near as bad as yours but I agree with much of what you say. I had been loyal (even impressed!) with o2 and their customer service for many years but now they just don't seem to care. No response from email. automated phone system is a nightmare, and when you finally get through you get different answers from each person you speak to. I don't know what the answer is. Like you I have renewed my daughters contract but mine is due in a month or so and I'm seriously thinking of leaving.

I find it strange that this site isn't looked at as it is an O2 site and they would do well to get a sense of how their customers are feeling and try to do something about it.

Message 8 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it strange that this site isn't looked at as it is an O2 site and they would do well to get a sense of how their customers are feeling and try to do something about it.

O2 have told us that they do look at the forum posts, sometimes they even respond to posts here, although not as much as we would like.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i know it is a long time onwards form the last post you responded to, however this is still on going. I have had several chats and visits to the store in regard to this over the 15 months, but still have not been able to get O2 to remove the Device Plan off my O2 account, and even tho this is showing as "Pending Closure" for over these months, it was never closed off. I missed my opportunity to have an upgrade, although been with O2 since 2002, have not received any further advice or guidance on this to have it removed and get my upgrade i missed out on, but not just just that, i have not been able to upgrade at all since this in Oct 2013, as it also stuck the 24 month contract on my account, and so it looks as if i upgraded, and paid off the handset but am still stuck on the contract. To make things worse, they added and changed all sorts of different tarriffs to give me some extra here and there, to the point where i have had to refuse, as it is just not addressing the problem. When i go to the upgrade it currently says

"You can pay £98.56 now to pay off your Device Plan and choose a new device or you can wait until 16 Sep 2015 for your free upgrade.",

but the statement for the handset says

Device plan statusPending Closure

and on the bottom of the device plan Credit agreement, it says

Payment due on22 February 2015 
Settlement amount£0.00

This is the amount you will need to pay off today if you want to upgrade to a new device

and this has been billing me £0.00 every month, although shows it should be £20.00 (on my payments) and all just continues! I canceled this agreement within the 14 days, and this also shows on their system, but it has never been taken off, and each time they say they are going to, they cant and forward it to their accounting team, or technivcal team, and i get promised a call back form their manager, which i never get. This has been ongoing soence 16th October 2013!! I have missed out on all upgrades, lik,e the Z1, (which i initially wanted) then Z2 and Z3..... Please can anyone assist? I will be complaining to the ombudsman as ive been forced to pay contract air time for all this time, and not been given my upgrade, had my account messed about, to the point of every analyst at O2 in shop or chat's complete and utter confusion each time i approach anew to get it sorted, ive almost given up, but it is right, and i should not let it just run out, having tried time and time again to get this rectified, i need this closed and resolved. I have currently got 2 contracts with O2 ( ive always used O2 with all my daughters as theyre growing up etc) and cant even upgrade to use the spare sim i now have (daughter has left)  on contract - sitting on a shelf, as i cant get away from my own contract, or even opt to have a new device!  PLEASE HELP

Message 10 of 23