cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls in UK from international numbers - am i charged?

Nadiasmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all,

I am wanting to receive calls from Jordan but every time the person I'm waiting for calls me, they cant get through.

Would I be charged to receive a call from abroad? I am in the UK, but its an international (Jordan) number calling me.

I have spoken to O2 customer services and they initially said no, I wouldn't be charged, but then later said yes, I might be charged but they don't know how much, and it could be around £3 per minute.

I think currently I cant receive calls because I have a spend cap on my account of £0. I'm tempted to take the spend cap off and try again, but if anyone knows whether receiving calls from abroad incurs charges for me in the UK that would be helpful, and if you know how much that would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

There are no charges for receiving international calls from anywhere in the world to your UK number as long as you are within the UK

Customer service misinformation

It sounds more likely to be a restriction or error from the Jordanian network

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

There are no charges for receiving international calls from anywhere in the world to your UK number as long as you are within the UK

Customer service misinformation

It sounds more likely to be a restriction or error from the Jordanian network

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Nadiasmith To add to the advice from @jonsie, make sure the caller in Jordan is entering your number correctly on their phone. The UK country code is +44 They also need to leave off the first zero of your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Nadiasmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The caller is definitely entering my number correctly because its a company and they have tried to call multiple times (a bank, so they frequently call international clients). The customer services rep at O2 did say that the spend cap would block me from receiving international calls but she didn't know why.

Message 4 of 4