cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read here to learn how to apply a Blue Light discount!

JMI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

(I'm hoping this post gets 'pinned' as it will hopefully resolve a lot of Blue Light Card holders queries). 

As Blue Light Card (BLC) holders know, when asking about the discount code for O2 from Blue Light  - they provide a long 'vault code'.  We then spend forever trying to find out where we apply it!  In short, we DONT apply it anywhere.

Folks - the vault code is irrelevant!  I wish they would stop providing it as it just causes confusion (yes I will be emailing them and telling them the code isnt relevant and can they provide something else for us)

The way we get this discount is to go through the normal process in O2 Open and when it gets to the part where we are asked to upload a pay slip or provide a work email address - just upload a photo of the Blue Light Card!  Then O2 staff will review it and apply the discount as appropriate.

You will need a 5 digit code on the O2 Open page, which I dont want to put on here as its use may be abused, but cant easily be obtained from O2 Customer Service for those entitled to use it.

Hope that helps 🙂

Jean

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122975 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Interesting @JMI. One of our members @MI5 wrote the O2 Open guide. He may want to add your information If relevant.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

JMI
  • 28 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff 

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting @JMI. One of our members @MI5 wrote the O2 Open guide. He may want to add your information If relevant.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

It's only relevant to Blue Light cardholders trying to get their discount.  

The guide to get to the O2 Open discounts is great and it gets people to the right place, but BLC holders then get confused...well I got confused and I could see from the many questions and queries that I wasn't the only one.  So now I have found out what to put in the email/payslip i.e. a  photo of the card - it may help some people 🙂

Message 3 of 13

LeeOVO
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , i have been having a nightmare today when trying to upgrade my phone using the BLC discount.I have used the process of upgrading via the app and then adding the code at checkout. However, errors occurred and i was eventually told "i couldnt use the service  or code limit has been reached" and to continue order i needed to visit store. So i did, and the staff member said she could run it through as normal but then i need to go to O2 open and apply discount there. 

Just reading up on this before i upgrade and sign myself up for another 36 months contract. Will it work if its my partners Blue light card ? Not mine.... If so would it be her who signs up to the o2 open for the codes? and if so , what does she then do with the codes so they are applied to my contract? Sorry for so many questions and thank you in advance. Lee 

Message 4 of 13

StabbKaz1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I have uploaded my payslip and my blue light card and it keeps rejecting.  Legible payslip and Names match are shown as green but Companies match, National Insurance numbers match and Payslip from the last three months all have a red exclamation mark, even though the NI number is correct and the payslip is from this month. The employer is Greater Manchester Combined Authority as I work for the fire service. Did you have this trouble? 

Message 5 of 13

SuperSue14
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t get passed the first screen where it asks for employer details. It states they aren’t registered but I have the BLC through them, can anyone help please?

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144419 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SuperSue14 

Code Check and confirmation process: You can text OPEN followed by the company name to 61202 and it will confirm your eligibility and the O2 Open code to use. Make sure you try different variations of your company name if unsuccessful with one version. ie, NHS, health service, health trust, etc.

Ask your HR dept if unsure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

SmoggyNal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Wife has been a O2 customer for 20 years or more but is canceling her contract, she was informed via customer services on an apparently recorded call that she would get 25% off air time price after failing to do this via open text service she contacted customer service via phone and was informed again on a recorded call that BLC discount could not be used. Even though previous contracts have had this applied. I'm now very much debating whether to leave myself as I'm in my 14 days cool off period the reason being I'm utterly disgusted by this so called customer service! 

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144419 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SmoggyNal 

You can check eligibility here O2 | O2 Open | Help & Support

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

SmoggyNal
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for this however we have been through that service with no success even used NHS code and attached BLC in place of wage slip we then called customer service who couldn't help apparently so cancelled her contract. I'm really annoyed as its never been an issue before and finding customer service lately to be really bad hence why I'm now considering leaving.

Message 10 of 13