Did you mean: 

Re sim cards and there usage

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

I have a sim card (small in stature)  which I have never used.  Its PAYG with money already paid to the sim. It has a phone number  but was intended for use in a tablet .      [I havent managed to set the tablet  to accept the sim (old story , not for this query). ]

Would this PAYG sim card be able to be used in a mobile phone (not smart phone).

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, but if it is a data only sim for a tablet it won't be any use for calls.
You do get the use of texts though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, but if it is a data only sim for a tablet it won't be any use for calls.
You do get the use of texts though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Brill I only use texts . Even tho I have a phone I can hear with I'm still nervous of calling as the sound isn't pukka.
So am I right? I can remove the sim card from the tablet and pop it into my clam shell and use it to text on holidays for example when a few people can be warned of the different number I'm using. That way the money bought on the card wont be wasted . Hope Ive got it right M15

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes Jenny, I get 100 texts each time I top up my data sim.
I'm pretty sure all data tariff sims are the same.
Probably worth you asking customer services on live chat though as I've had my sim a few years and things may have changed (acknowledging how often O2 change T&C's)

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5