cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sony Xperia X12 Arc

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like a cracking phone. I'm now wondering if I should go onto simpicity for a few months in the hope that o2 get it in rather than upgrading to the Desire HD next month. :womanindifferent:
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3124 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
HTC are always releasing a high end model every 3 or 4 months so the Desire HD is already 'old and out of date'. Don't forget its a long contract so with the rapid release schedule of a 'better model' you might feel hard done by in a couple of months.
You might as well save by going on simplicity until the Arc is released and re-evaluating the competition (and thus the vicious circle perpetuates).
Message 2 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
HTC are always releasing a high end model every 3 or 4 months so the Desire HD is already 'old and out of date'. Don't forget its a long contract so with the rapid release schedule of a 'better model' you might feel hard done by in a couple of months.
You might as well save by going on simplicity until the Arc is released and re-evaluating the competition (and thus the vicious circle perpetuates).

You make a very good point. Knowing my luck as soon as I'd gotten the Desire HD a better model would come along. 😐
Message 3 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have just spoken to an O2 agent and he told me that the Xperia Arc is due to be released on O2 on the 15th April.
Message 4 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 were the first UK network to announce they were getting this phone, yet it seems they will be last to release it. I've pre-ordered mine from mobiles.co.uk and phoned them today they told me I should have it in about 1 to 2 weeks (i.e. before 1st April) Phones4u are taking pre-orders for 1st April all these deals are on Orange. I guess O2 are concentrating on the Xperia PLAY but it's poor (not the phone, the fact that they are concentrating on it).
After 15+ years with O2/Cellnet/BT as a PAYG customer I have taken my first contract out with Orange. They offered 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB data for £25 a month. O2 is only 100 minutes for the smae priced smartphone tariff. Orange also provide better coverage in the area I live (3G as opposed to 2G) this wasn't always the case. Finally I can get the phone I want two weeks earlier.
Message 5 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone got one yet?
Message 6 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone got one yet?

not yet but going to get one!! was going to go for the iphone 4 but the arcs picture quality looks far superior and a much better camera!!! wink hope o2 give us an official release date soon!!! as other networks already have stocks!!
Message 7 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
would it be worth getting an upgrade from cpw instead of o2?
Message 8 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
been a customer of o2 for about 10years & always get faultless service so would never go anywhere else! don't mind waiting.
Message 9 of 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
You get conflicting info from the O2 advisors. One yesterday told me it would be out the week starting 4th April, then another told me "in the near future" and now this thread someone has said 15th April.
The mind boggles :womanindifferent: !
Message 10 of 189