cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about cancellation from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've just moved to South Korea and now need to cancel my O2 pay monthly contract. I'm on a month to month rolling contract and was told before I left that I need to give 30 days notice to cancel. Basically, it would be quite difficult and expensive for me to to call O2 from Korea so I was just wondering if there would be anything wrong with me simply cancelling the direct debit from my end?

As I said, I'm on a month to month rolling contract so there's no obligation for me to stay with O2 up to a certain date. Do you think just cancelling the direct debit would be OK?

Thanks a lot,

Mal

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I cannot find a specific email address for you but here is a web form that sends to customer services email.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&case=Access%20for%20all

Hope this helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you cancelled without 30 days notice it would be the same as defaulting on a bill. Would hurt your credit rating.

But then again if you've moved to South Korea I don't think an English credit rating will affect you too much my friend:)

Only other option would be using the online chat and explain the problem. They might be able to put a notice on your account that its cancelled.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your response. Obviously a bad credit rating's something I'd really like to avoid, as unfortunately I can't guarantee that I won't return to live and work in the UK. It seems that the chat function has been disabled. There also doesn't seem to be any email address to customer services, and sending a letter from here seems a little silly. Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 5

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that's wierd.

https://server.lon.liveperson.net/hc/63960994/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=63960994&LEAppK...

Try using this link I presume people out of the country can use it.

Ill hunt for an email address for you
Message 4 of 5

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I cannot find a specific email address for you but here is a web form that sends to customer services email.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&case=Access%20for%20all

Hope this helps
Message 5 of 5