Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the pixel 8 pro/pixel watch offer

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I'm just querying the offer of the pixel 8 pro with free pixel watch.

1. Am I eligible for the offer if I use O2 switch up to purchase the pixel 8 pro.

2. When exactly does the offer end? I can see it's purchase until 16th October but does that mean the offer ends on Monday 16th so I can go into an O2 store on Monday 16th up until the store closes and still be eligible. Or does the offer end at 11.59pm on the 15th? So on the 16th I'm no longer eligible? As I can't get to an O2 store until Monday 16th you see. Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 - Switch-Up can be open to interpretation by store staff, so go armed:

If you started a Plus Plan tariff from 3 August 2023:

O2 Switch Up terms and conditions (from 3 August 2023 onwards).

If you got O2 Switch Up before 3 August 2023, either as part of a Plus Plan tariff or as a chargeable Bolt On:

O2 Switch Up terms and conditions (11 August 2022 to 2 August 2023).

At 09:45 Saturday 14-Oct, the O2 shop web-page shows this - so Monday is included in the days up to 16-Oct for ordering:

pgn_1-1697269710345.png

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

jamieleewv1
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by open to interpretation by store staff? 

Fyi I joined O2 switch up before August 2023 so I'm eligible to continue swapping phones whenever I like. Although this will be the first time.

My phone (s23 ultra) also doesn't have a mark on it, screen protector and case since day one and still have box with all accessories.

So I should still be good to go, right? 

My only concern is another credit check(as currently applying for a mortgage) so do they have to do another full credit check when using o2 switch up? Or is it just an internal one as I've not missed a payment with O2 since I took out my plan at all.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10271 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

It all depends, when I did my switch up, then all that appears on my credit file is a new Unsecured Loan, which is normal, so normally as no payment issues etc, you should be fine, although I will caveat that with o2 reserve right to carry out a credit check..

On the Pixel Watch, yes you can claim with Switch Up, you just need to wait 14days after your purchase before claiming.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

jamieleewv1
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

Was it a pretty painless experience? How long were you in store for etc? 

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10271 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

At most 20minutes, and that includes a chat with the advisor about phones... 

The first one I did was longer, but that is because they where new to the process and they went through to make sure it was all good to go... which I cant blame them for...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

RoDawg80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My advice - check with the store first that the phone is in stock before you visit. Not one of the O2 stores in a 30 mile radius of where I live (Northern Ireland) has it, so the offer will have expired by the time I get the phone. Very frustrating!

Message 7 of 8

jamieleewv1
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

May I ask are you charged the upfront cost of the phone too? I see online the pixel 8 pro is an upfront cost of £30, do you have to pay this when using o2 switch up in store or is it waived? Thanks 

Message 8 of 8