Did you mean: 

Proof of Purchase for Device Needed for Samsung Warranty Repair

Dannilad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am sending my Samsung Z Fold 4 off to Samsung to be repaired under warranty rather than accidental cover, as I believe the fault I have with the inner screen (a bulge on the crease) is a mechanical one as I haven't dropped the phone.

However, Samsung require an "official receipt/invoice from retailer", and nothing on the MyO2 page that I have sent them has been accepted. I've tried:

- Billing pdfs

- Credit agreement

- Screenshots of the recent orders page

I've called O2 twice, I've been through live chat and requested this twice and I've even been in store and they were unable to give me a proof of purchase for my device. I've waited the 24 hours for proof of purchase and still haven't had anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or something that can help me? DPD have picked up my phone today to be sent to the repair place but my concern is that if I don't get this proof of purchase soon, they will send me the device back as it is and I'll be back to square one again.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. if you send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), or you can call 202 from your o2 phone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Dannilad
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I realise you're just like us, but nothing I have tried is working. I can try to message them but when I've rang twice and sat on hold for 45 minutes each time and still not had anything, I just think why bother...

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Dannilad We used to be able to refer you to O2 online account advisors, who probably would have been able to sort this for you very quickly, but O2 in their inimitable wisdom decided to put them out to pasture, leaving us with no options other than to give you customer service phone numbers or social media choices, which most of the time are very little help. All we can now advise is to keep trying.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Dannilad
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this. That's a sad decision from them because being able to get in touch with them here would have been incredibly helpful. Just sat waiting for them to see my message on Twitter now and I guess call again. I literally am out of options

Message 5 of 6

ofiveone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been through the repair process. Same device, the Fold 4, same issue, inner screen bulge in the center crease. The inside screen is completely black and doesn't work anymore (outside is fine). I've just been quoted £631 to repair it as they tell me the fault isn't covered under the warranty! I bought this phone in March '23. I couldn't believe the decision by O2!! I have not dropped the phone or damaged it in anyway, the fault appeared from nowhere and this isn't the first post I've seen about the same issue on the Fold. Absolutely devastated with O2....£631 to get my phone back when the issue was no fault of my own on a device not even 6 months old!

Message 6 of 6