cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "O2 email to mobile" service. Update:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with my "O2 email to mobile" service, it worked for the first 3-4 days then it hasn't worked since then. I can still use my phone (c902) to access email, it's just that the "O2 email to mobile service" no longer automatically forwards email to my phone. I know I have a 1000 emails limit per month but it's unlikely that I have reached that in 3-4 days.

Anyway I called O2 customer service and they told me :" The "O2 email to mobile service" is not our problem, you should contact Ericson (?!?!)"

How can this be Ericson's problem? From start to finish, everything is done in my online O2 account.

Any O2 tech persons in here to take a look on what's wrong with my Email to Mobile service?

Thanks
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring o2 broadband customer services to sort this problem.
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. My email to mobile stopped working last Thursday (2 July). The O2 website (and webmail) was also down at the same time - so one would assume that when all was up and running once more the email to mobile would work once more. But it simply stopped working at the same time everything else was down and no-one has fixed it. I have spoken to O2 Broadband Customer Services (who didn't want to help initially as they said it was an e-mail problem). However I explained that this facility is only available to O2 Broadband customers - and therefore they should be the ones to help. They didn't know anything about a problem (despite there being several other posters on this forum all having the same problem) and then said that email to mobile was not available on PAYG - I reminded then that I have been using this service with no problem since last October and drew his attention to the O2 website where it states, "It's free to receive email for ALL O2 Broadband customers with an O2 mobile". He then wanted to check all the settings on my phone - which again meant that he didn't really understand the whole concept of email to mobile - as it is not e-mail per se - but an MMS. Their lack of knowledge about their own products does not inspire confidence. He has however escalated my case to their "portal" (whatever that means) - so we shall see.....
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring o2 broadband customer services to sort this problem.

They wont deal with this
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's an issue that needs to be dealt with by the MOBILE customer services, not broadband which is why they know little about it.

The o2 website has been down, hence the o2 email server is down which is why your emails are not coming through. Last I heard, which was on Friday, it was still down.
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's an issue that needs to be dealt with by the MOBILE customer services, not broadband which is why they know little about it.

The o2 website has been down, hence the o2 email server is down which is why your emails are not coming through. Last I heard, which was on Friday, it was still down.

Funny you suggest that - o2 are saying quite the opposite and that it is in fact o2 Broadband who need to deal with the issue NOT the mobile CS.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is with emails, emails that are then pushed through to mobiles, it's nothing to do with broadband!
CSA's have been briefed on this and know what to say/do (not that there is a lot they can do) so whoever you spoke to is just trying to cop out of the situation.
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
We should definitely be contacting O2 broadband Customer Services and not O2 mobile Customer Services. On seeing the above email, I contacted mobile customer services who were unaware of the problem and did not seem to understand the concept of "email to mobile". I was then passed by them back to Broadband Customer Services who confirmed that this type of query should be dealt with by them as "email to mobile" is available only to O2 Broadband customers. Drew in Broadband Customer Services was very helpful as during our conversation he also set up "email to mobile" on his mobile and found that it didn't work with him either - which proves that the problem is fairly widespread. He has also visited this forum and has noticed that several people now all have the same problem. He has also now escalated the case - hopefully now someone in Tech Support will try and resolve it.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pointless, O2 are already dealing with it, and he would have told you that if he had of contacted customer service- the right dept.
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pointless, O2 are already dealing with it, and he would have told you that if he had of contacted customer service- the right dept.

Tell you what would be great - if you could field all the calls and then filter them through to the correct people for us because you seem to know a whole lot more than the people answering the phones there at the moment.
Message 10 of 22