cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority list - not worth a carrot?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am an ex-select customer, now a gold priority customer looking to upgrade to a HTC HD2.
Having had a contract phone for ever and looking at the new tariffs with them and spending a long time to the retentions department it seems they are a complete rip off.
Anyway, I am now looking at a sim only deal for 12 months for £15 a month with 300 mins, unlimited data & texts and buying the phone myself.
Am I going to miss out on anything by losing my gold priority status?
Obviously I won't be able to upgrade 3 months early but as far as I can see thats it and it won't apply to me because I'll be buying my own phone and only have a 12 month contract rather than an 18 month one.

Also will it effect my broadband package?
I have a very good deal on that, customer services told me it wouldn't do but you never really know if they are correct.

Any experiences or thoughts welcome.
Thanks
Jim
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Jim

In response to your question,
Priority list is now in place of Select Status etc,
if you changing to sim only and buying your own phone then you still have a priority status, the status depends on the Average monthly spend, and not the upgrade that you take,
so weather you buy your own phone or get one from upgrade you will still be on the priority list,
Granted you may be reduced to a lower priority but this is done on a 12 monthly basis, so you will stay at your current priority status for a while,
the benefits of priority are different for everyone, these include Discounted concert.gig tickets, sometimes free, Early upgrade etc,

hope this helps
nattalie x
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Nattalie

so basically aside from some discounts I'll never use I won't be loosing anything apart from paying £200 over the odd's for a new phone.
I wish someone had told me this earlier
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, the spelling bee's got out!
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
sjgfjsdagkfbcgksfngwe

I disagree totally! Ring up retentions and threaten to leave.

wink
Message 5 of 5