cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority List query!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey peeps,

Just a quick question because nobody seems to have an exact answer for me!

I am on an online £45pm contract with a £15pm discount but I buy 2 boltons on top of this, so I pay £45pm still, not including the odd occasion I go a little over. I also have 8mb O2 Home Broadband. I guess the £45pm would put me in Silver Priority but then on the website it says if you purchase Home Broadband it puts you into the higher tier (Gold) when on a £45pm tariff. I do have a discount but I make up for it with my boltons.

What level priority am I?! I called o2 CS and they tell me I am Silver but someone also said I should be in Gold but there apparently isn't anything on my account saying what I am, just that I was a Select customer. (Even though I was never told this before and wasn't allowed to upgrade early previously.)

Any O2 employees have an opinion on this? Or any idea with who I would get the absolute answer from? I have never been told though judging from my upgrade date being the 17month, I am Silver, should the above make me Gold though?!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 staff don't comment on here just delete posts which o2 call 'offencive' to them. have you tried emailing them?
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah the people that delete the posts are the admins.. I know there isn't an official presence but some staff do post their 'unoffical' views. I haven't emailed yet but I just wanted to get some opinions first!
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Home broadband isn't taken into account at all, I really don't know why it says that on the website. Customer services can't see the system they use for home broadband.

Your segmentation is done per account number so some people might have 2 phones under 1 account number and get a higher segmentation. However, if you have 2 phones on your account under different account numbers and one is deemed to be Gold, then both with be Gold.

Not every person has a segmentation yet, simply because there are so many people and it takes time. When it is done it is your 4 most recent bills and they take the lowest one, where that one is is your segmentation.

If you're silver then there is no way you are select, thats been replaced by gold.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was a Select customer apparently, it shows 402 on my CS number on my online bill as well.. Also if O2 are specifically advising that the Broadband puts you into the Gold category on the 45pm tariff, then they should follow them T&C's?

The thing is, how do we know if I am Silver or Gold if nothing has been put on my the account! The system decides the upgrade date? How about the 'Benefits' from being on Gold, how is that decided if my account doesn't say 'Silver or Gold'? I am not over fussed because I am sure to have any chance of keeping my tariff I will need to go through retentions in my last month anyway but it would be nice to know everything is working as stated in the T&C!
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a Gold customer and frequently get e-mails from o2 saying so. On average I spend £70 per month and was told being on a £45per month tariff will probably get you gold status. I was also told that having o2 home broadband wqould also contribute to the status you have, however mine doesn't contribute to my status, if it did, I would be on Platnium. Seems like another thing that o2 cant explain very well.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never received an email from O2 stating that I am anything.. This is despite allowing the 'Marketing Option' in Personal Details and reporting it to Customer Services! I do get emails with Priority advertising for the O2 tickets, though I did sign up for this.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The e-mails I get sent tell me what I am intitled to as well as competitions to enter to win tickets to events. I did win tickets to the Taste of London show through o2 due to my status. The e-mails sometimes offer handsets. The spend is reviewed every 12months, but I have been an o2 select customer since April 2007 I think. I am currently on a £45 per month tariff for 12 months, but was able to upgrade 3months early. Havent upgraded yet. But my bills are constantly over £65 per month. Not too sure why you havent been given the gold status if you are spending over £45 per month.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
1 x apple iphone contract £45
1 x premiere insurance £7.50

£52.50 total every month

am i in the gold bracket(£50+)???

NO!

This is because the insurance that appears on the same bill and is for the very same iphone is not included in my monthly spend?!!
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
1 x apple iphone contract £45
1 x premiere insurance £7.50
£52.50 total every month
am i in the gold bracket(£50+)???

NO!
This is because the insurance that appears on the same bill and is for the very same iphone is not included in my monthly spend?!!

Not sure you're missing out on much. I'm spending £150 / month and aside from getting a different phone number for CS, all I've ever got is an email inviting me to enter a competition to win tickets for something or other.
Message 10 of 15