Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increases

Oldseadog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both numbers are now on a £7/month tariff, which is a 40% increase on the talktalk, which we were 'guaranteed' that when Telefonica took over the accounts, they would remain the same at £5/month for 300minutes, and they haven't!!

Is this just another example of being ripped off because we are light users, don't use the interweb or many text messages?

No doube there is some 'genuine excuse' for the increases!

Can anyone advise??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Oldseadog 

O2 can't increase your tariff without your permission.

The only time that happens is if you go over your allocated allowances. Also there is a RPI increase with every network in April https://www.o2.co.uk/prices (though that was only 2.5%.)

If you have any queries about your tariff or bill them you should speak to customer services

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Oldseadog 

O2 can't increase your tariff without your permission.

The only time that happens is if you go over your allocated allowances. Also there is a RPI increase with every network in April https://www.o2.co.uk/prices (though that was only 2.5%.)

If you have any queries about your tariff or bill them you should speak to customer services

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Was the £5 tariff maintained only for a set period after TalkTalk Customers were switched over to Telefonica? Pretty sure it will have been mentioned in the small print at the time. If not, then you have a case - talk to Customer Service as @Cleoriff has said, best time to call is 08:30 weekdays to avoid a long wait and so you get to talk to somebody (Webchat no good for this type of call!).

Good luck, @Oldseadog

Message 3 of 7

Oldseadog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks to both of you for your responses.

I have tried using the landline, only to get totally peed-off after being told for the umpteenth time that that my call is important to them, and thanbks for continuing to hold ... for anything up to 3/4 hour!

Then I hang up, once again with neither contact nor result!!!

In common with most call centres, 'Customer dis-Service' is the name of their game!!

Message 4 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Oldseadog 

I am a customer too and I took the o2 Community Advice that is if you wish to have a discussion with Customer Services the very best time is to call at 08.30am  I have done this and it is excellent.

Hope you get a good outcome.

You are the best judge of what you need but I have to say the PAYGO offers are fantastic. A family member just purchased a new sim on paygo and put in £10 and they added £5 offer and all is brilliant the calls are very very reasonable and they are a low user.

I transferred from TalkTalk last year and have never been happier joining o2. on contract as mentioned

o2 they increase April this year 2.5% you are told this during contract processing.

I have a myo2 account with all details on and info is clear. 

My family member has this too to check their account.

Best wishes and hope all comes good for you soon.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may be a little early for you but by far the best time to call is between 8 and 8.30am.

A little like having to make an appointment with the doctor these days, call at 8,00am to find you are 92nd in the queue! O2 aren't that bad though, there is more than one adviser available in customer service wink

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Oldseadog , how are you getting on with this since you last posted? Sorry to hear you were not able to get through to customer service earlier about this. Any luck with the morning time suggested by others above? slight_smile

Message 7 of 7