cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase's from March

Anonymous
Not applicable

OFCOM should make it illegal to increase the price/tarfiiff until teh 1 year contract period as ended. Just receivd a email from O2 saying theres going to be anotehr price increase. Not happy about it, but nothing I can do.

Sorry just seen there is already a post baout this issue

lee

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
No one is happy mate and O2 are hopefully going to lose lots of customers me for one and all my family
Message 2 of 41

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
I've three accounts with O2 some of which are for family. All three will be terminated by April at the latest. Costing O2 £90 a month
Message 3 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have myself and 8 family members all on contract luckily they are all sim only and are now free to leave I will be paying off my phone plan and I'm off so that's 12 so far
Message 4 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today at 2:18 PM

I have done a quick calculation and O2 's greed will increase their overflowing coffers to the end of my present contract (sept 14) by £5.04..

I have been with O2 for many years (well over 5)

If they implement these changes, as I know they will, I will not be renewing my contract with them, at the end of my current contract 

Message 5 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's 13 and counting
Message 6 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't ofcom already deal with this?

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2013/10/23/protection-for-consumers-against-mid-contract-price-rises/

I will be having words with someone at O2

Message 7 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146012 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28090 Solutions
They found a loophole - search the forum for many threads already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 41

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't ofcom already deal with this?

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2013/10/23/protection-for-consumers-against-mid-contract-price-rises/

I will be having words with someone at O2

You're a bit late, taking it out on the staff won't help either!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed but then if the staff get so fed up with the rants they might just pass it on to whoever found this loophole which shouldn't be allowed to exist
Message 10 of 41