Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Mastercard

Banananana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently upgraded to a Samsung S24 Ultra during the £250 prepaid mastercard promotion. I upgraded at the start of February and sent off my claim as soon as it was possible, I completely forgot about it until my sister recently reminded me of it since she received hers having upgraded roughly 2 weeks after me.

I read on the website I should wait 65 days from the date of purchase, we'll it's been roughly 90 days and I've heard nothing and recieved no email or message regarding the prepaid card.

I've reached out to support but unfortunately haven't had a response as the live chat instructed me to email a specific address made to deal with this. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a peep from them.

Wondering if anybody else has had similar issues or if anybody knows a way to go about getting support regarding the matter?

Cheers in advance.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
  • 681 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

@Banananana Have you also tried reaching out and chasing this via 03456002098?

You can find more in the FAQs below 

Frequently Asked Questions (o2claim.co.uk)

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36459 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

There is a guide that deals with how to claim the various gifts that come along with certain phones sold by O2, @Banananana - Guide: Gift with Purchase  - 2 of the MasterCard offers are in there, down the page a way. Hopefully that helps?

Message 2 of 11

Banananana
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the guide doesn't help with the issue I'm facing. I've claimed the Mastercard I just simply haven't received it.

When I spoke to O2 Support about it, they told me to message help@o2redeem.co.uk in order to get it rectified. I emailed them 17 days ago and have had no reply and unfortunately support seems to be unable to do anything for me.

Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12143 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Is this one you can help with @Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

Dave-O2
  • 681 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

@Banananana Have you also tried reaching out and chasing this via 03456002098?

You can find more in the FAQs below 

Frequently Asked Questions (o2claim.co.uk)

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 11

Denis3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same situation: 2 months passed, the card didn't arrive. O2 claims support team created a tickets and "is working on it" without any resolution ETA. This whole situation starts looking like a scam to me...

Message 6 of 11

Polly5678
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been contacting them since I got my sim only deal as I wanted it also for the master card and it also had Disney for 6 months ( that was set up easy ) this was 20th Feb and I was told in January my data plan ended and went through a whole hour of an agent blasting t&c at a speed nobody would understand and then she pressed submit and said oh it says here it’s too early and your leave date isn’t til the 20feb ! I said well you can document this and compensate and get someone to call and nobody called of course and I’d found the different deal and said how it would help me a lot and it went through fine but then no texts for the application to redeem and so I’ve been calling them about that every week or so and I’ve been told everytime it’s gone through but I have nothing to say it has . 

when I got the text I did the redeem and pressing submit it kept refreshing back to the first page so I was like I’m not going to get to after the redeem date and be told I didn’t redeem it

i phoned them also as I’d applied for another device and they said it would go to the credit risk team and I’d get a call I wasn’t worried as I’d seen on here if you apply for more they sometimes do it to make can afford more contracts and they never called ( typically as I’d been praising 02 on social media in December ! Saying never had an issue now its not stop issues )  then they put it through manually asking me questions and then I never got nothing to say your contract details so I rang back the next day and was told it would need to be submitted as a new contract but I explained everything and the agent on the phone couldn’t understated me , I kept saying no it’s been accepted you just need to go back on the application and do whatever it is but they put it a

through again … TWICE and when I rang back to find out what was going on they were clueless and actually rude in the phone and it kept cutting off which is convenient as they just kept saying they didn’t know or that becuase it went through 3 times they wouldn’t be sending me the watch and I was prepared to get the contract and thought it would be easier to have one bill hence getting the sim only also .

so now it looks like I’ve applied for 3 Apple Watches so very suspicious and my credit file is marked and I said I wanted the watch as I’ve been critically ill and it was as good idea and I could afford it as I’d sorted my finances and just thought as I’d got the device amd the sim only I’d get the Apple Watch with them but it was just a huge mistake 

I’ve got no further today when I spent about an hour and half on the phone as I was requesting they compensate for all the time I’ve wasted and the stress and misinforming me and she said the ticket is live and the credit team are going to call me and they are requesting the 2 extra ones to come off and then they can send the 1st one and I said no way I don’t even want my contracts I’ve got with you let alone a new one . 

thry told me I would need to contact Mastercard team and I said well you should actually I’m your customer and I’m paying to do a job but apparently is against their  regulations so I said well they won’t exactly send it to me without nothing to say I was receiving it from 02 or everyone would just do that ! 

she basically said there’s nothing else she. Can do so I said to her you can add all this to my complaint as you’ve wasted more time and stressed me out which makes my nerve pain a lot worse .

im not going to just not get the gift card and they sell compensate for this I’ve said if they don’t resolve this I’ll get advice from the citizen’s advice as they know I’m disabled also and when I was calling to try sort these issues I was unwell with a germ and could hardly talk but I had to deal with it and it’s likely a breech or the equality act 2010 as they need to make things accessible and I was also told I’d get a 20% discount for the sim only and at first she tried to say it was either. 20% discount or the Disney and Mastercard then I read the stuff online and turn out I was given wrong info .

she said to me also someone has another account in this address and I said no they don’t as it’s me and my dad who’s with Vodafone ( they’re even worse than 02 tbh) 

I said to the agent you wouldn’t want to go get a food shop and thry say you didn’t do it right or you can get the food in a moth 

theyre a joke and they talk to me like I’m a child and I used to let things go but surviving a nde has given me my voice and this even goes for my family 

Message 7 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

I don't think it is a scam @Denis3, as O2 would suffer reputational damage if such a scam got into the media.

Unfortunately, O2 seem to have difficulties running promotions efficiently ; have you actually received your card or not ?     

Message 8 of 11

Denis3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, I haven't. Support team keeps "working on my request" almost 3 weeks now...

Message 9 of 11

Banananana
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, sorry for the late reply I'm currently quite swamped with family stuff.

I have successfully managed to resolve this by speaking directly to the issuing companies customer support and my prepaid card should be with me in the next few days.

It kinda sucks that I basically had to jump through several hoops to get a clear indication of how to resolve the issue, but at the end of the day it is indeed resolved.

They let me know that although I submitted my claim, it wasn't processed until 23 days after leaving the qualifying date to be pushed back.

Message 10 of 11