Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium charges from scam

Rob1406
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just checked my account on my app and discovered that I am being charged at a premium rate for text MSG's from a scam number I contacted customer services and they said they couldn't waver the charges I am furious about this as particularly I haven't received any text messages from this number 80876 to my inbox but O2 insist I'm liable for them I refuse to pay these charges and I'm seriously thinking of leaving O2 after being a loyal customer for over ten years I'm disgusted that O2 expects me to pay for something that I haven't even received 🤬

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Premium rate messages are often subscribed too accidentally, or not at all @Rob1406 

o2 will only charge you because they have been told by the company that you are using their service - it is up to you to dispute the subscription with the company.

More information about what to do to get your money back is in the links below.

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

https://payforitsucks.co.uk/ 

It would also be worth adding a spend cap to your account to stop additional charges:

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Premium rate messages are often subscribed too accidentally, or not at all @Rob1406 

o2 will only charge you because they have been told by the company that you are using their service - it is up to you to dispute the subscription with the company.

More information about what to do to get your money back is in the links below.

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

https://payforitsucks.co.uk/ 

It would also be worth adding a spend cap to your account to stop additional charges:

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

There might be a contact number that is a norml land line one that works for that short code in here, @Rob1406  - https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/20220715_VAS_Pricing_JB_9cf6a78b4a.pdf

At least then you can get the company charging for 80876 to take your mobile number off their list of users.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3