Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

JRH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are having terrible problems porting a number. We arranged for two numbers to be ported on Monday and despite receiving no notification it was going to happen the porting started on Tuesday. One of the numbers was porting to an esim and after being given different advice over the phone from different people at O2, it was finally ported to the esim on Wednesday and works (except for wifi calling where we get a message saying we need to call O2).

The other number has still not ported (its Sunday now). If you dial the number, you get a message saying the number has not been recognised. We called O2 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (I’ve spent 2 and a half hours on the phone to O2 this week) and each time were told that the back office/porting team would deal with it, and we would get a call back within 4 hours. Each time we were told it would be sorted that day. It didn't get sorted and nobody called back. It has still not been resolved 5 days after porting was supposed to have taken place. A couple of weeks prior to this I ported a third number to O2 and that did not work on the porting day either, however that was resolved after a weekend of landline calls going to O2 and mobile calls going to our previous provider. We have a fourth number to port but dare not do this now as it’s my wife's personal number and her father's funeral is in a few days’ time. So, we are paying for two sims on this number (O2 and current provider) to ensure reliability during this sad time.

It has been an unbelievably bad experience. Please can someone from O2 help - I really don't want to spend more time on the phone trying to get this sorted.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@JRH Sorry for your loss. This is a customer community, but I will tag the O2 advisors on duty at present. Maybe one can help you.

@O2nath_ci, @Anonymous, or @O2Emma can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @JRH I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino thanks for the tag @JRH will private message you.

Message 5 of 5