cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to O2 due to take place tomorrow, same day as I renew my pay monthly with EE

Jigsawe24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there anyway I could avoid having to pay to EE, as they still hold my number i've requested to port to O2? Could I cancel the direct debit perhaps?

I was hoping to port earlier when I ordered the sim a week ago and gave them my PAC on the website. I assumed they would port when I activated the SIM on Friday (activating meaning inserting into my phone I presume?) but apparently they should have started the process of porting as soon as I ordered the SIM, so I had just filled in the porting request form on Friday just incase. 

P.S. this is a sim only contract, so same phone as I used with EE. not sure if that makes a difference. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Jigsawe24 

If the port completes tomorrow then EE will take the payment in lieu of your 30 days notice but the best thing to do is speak to EE tomorrow, but they will stake the payment. 

Ports dont happen on a Friday or a weekend so the first day this would happen is Tuesday, has this been confirmed to you by text with a port date.

Also bare in mind it is also reliant on EE to accept and process the request as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Jigsawe24 That's probably something you'd have to take up with EE. O2 would have no control over what they would charge you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Jigsawe24 

If the port completes tomorrow then EE will take the payment in lieu of your 30 days notice but the best thing to do is speak to EE tomorrow, but they will stake the payment. 

Ports dont happen on a Friday or a weekend so the first day this would happen is Tuesday, has this been confirmed to you by text with a port date.

Also bare in mind it is also reliant on EE to accept and process the request as well.

Message 3 of 5

Jigsawe24
  • 15 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino and @madasaf1sh 

No text either (do they send one after filling the online form?). And for the future would you say its better to try port earlier? I haven't seen any posts regarding this kinda situation.

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 21.32.06.png

This is the part about porting i filled in when ordering. But nothing came of it for some reason. 

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Jigsawe24 

You should get a text or email with a provisional date of the port. 

Sometimes the form fails, so it might be worth contacting o2 tomorrow and giving it over the phone you can call on 202 from your o2 phone, the best time to call is 8am 

My advice is wait until you are ready to move the number over and then do the port, usually the week after you get the new sim, as then you are sure the network works as you need it to..

Message 5 of 5