Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number problems

LePritch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, I ordered a phone sunday and provided my PAC. The phone arrived Monday and my number ported Tuesday - however, I don't think it’s completely ported. Is it normal it may take longer than a day? I’m fine making and receiving calls but I’m not recieving texts and if I text out they’re showing from the wrong number. I can’t correct the number associated with my Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime etc as it sends a text verification code which I’m obviously not getting. Similarly other services, including o2 issue a verification text to the number I’ve ported to and I don’t get them. Do I need to give it longer or is there a problem? Thanks
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

LePritch
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Mine fixed at about 1am today - o2 messenger on Facebook advised me that they had had service issues with numbers porting around text delivery but that it was corrected. True enough I am all sorted now. Thanks everyone
Message 11 of 14

• 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello LePritch,

I am also having Porting number problems, having transferred to O2 about a week ago.  As in your case, my ported number is now showing on my account but friends/family getting Messages from me on my iPhone are seeing the temporary number I was given, not my proper number.  So they are not sure who they are hearing from. 

You talked about being patient (having the patient of a saint! - not sure I can be one!) and re-booting your phone.  

1.  What do you mean by re-booting?  I switch off at night but not sure if that is enough?

2.  How long did it take for you to have your correct number showing on your Apple messages?

I am finding it quite frustrating not being able to find an O2 person to chat to online - apparently this is not happening during COVID though I find it difficult to understand why as it could be done from O2 employees' homes) so hope you can help.  I hasten to add that I did look through the guide you tagged but didn't see anything helpful.  Maybe I am missing something?

Anyway, grateful for your help with my problem and questions, if you are able.

Thanks! 

Gerry

Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123641 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@478 

Rebooting means turning your phone on and off.

As for your number, go into My O2, then settings and where it shows your old number, delete and add your new number.  Save it and reboot the phone. See if that works

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145424 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions

@478 

On your phone, go to 

Settings >Phone >My Number

Edit the number to your own and press save (or Done)

Then turn phone off and back on again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 14