Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number not done after 8 days

Wafic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. Am frustrated about what your customer service team. 

On the 21st of January I signed up for new contract with o2 with 2 of my existing number and porting them from three to o2. Iv been told my sims will arrive within 3 to 5 working days and my existing numbers will be ported. The lady who I signed up with said it will take 24h from the day I receive my sims. I got the simcards 1 of the numbers was ported the next day and the main number which I use hasn't been ported. I tried to speak with someone on the live chat. They keep saying 5 to 10 days for my number to get ported. That's lie number 2. Since registration with o2 till today 21st till today which is the 1st of Feb  my second line not been ported in but they disconnected it from three on the 26th means I cannot get no calls or msgs from no one. I called on Monday this week and spoke to a lady she said I'll get my number ported within 24h waited till Wednesday but with no luck. I called and spoken to Abdul. He said a request been put in on Monday by someone from the chat but that's false. I spoke to Nontlahla over the phone. am pretty sure you guys record your calls. I asked to speak to his manager to get this issue resolved but they don't want to speak with me because my issue is I have to wait extra 5 to 10 days so that mean I'll be waiting for 20 days without my number. Clearly yiu guy disconnected my number from three but didn't ported it in. At this point I regret going with o2 and this issue nit going to get resolved by looks of it. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Plenty of posts on porting problems 

Sadly, we on the forum are powerless to help and we do not have O2 staff here 

it's most likely 3 who disconnected your number in the belief it was being actioned

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Wafic
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats interesting to know. I called three and they said o2 got the puk number and was porting it from them but they said its nothing to do with them as they gave me the puk number and I should contact o2 for the porting prosses to why its taking long. Also they said shouldn't take this long as its just a mater of minutes to port a number.. 

Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Wafic 

There is a lot more to porting and needs work to be completed by 3 and o2 and it includes a file from both networks... 

The only bit that is quick is to get the PAC code..

You will need to speak to o2 and get them to give you a date for the port, and then you will just need to wait for to it be actioned.. 
If 3 have disconnected you before the port completes then that is a different problem, and not the first I have heard of doing this...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

samstander
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am sure there are ofcom regulations where numbers need to be ported within a certain timeframe. Maybe get in touch with them. 

Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@samstander 

Ofcom do not deal with complaints made by individual customers. The complaints' processes are set out in :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, it would be unwise for @Wafic to complain at the moment. Complaints currently have an eight weeks' turnaround and during that eight weeks' period, it is unlikely that any other O2 team will access the account. Hence, a complaint would delay resolution by two months. 

@madasaf1sh has suggested to @Wafic a way forward.  

Message 6 of 10

Wafic
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ofcom wouldn't help its not there issue. A friend had this issue in the past couple years ago. There respones is to contact the network. 

Still waiting for the porting... it seems they are playing games with me. Or they can't be bothered I might call them to cancel this contract for 15 days to cancel and today will be 12 days passed and still waiting. This is just a headache for no reason 

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Wafic 

If you decide to cancel, this might help you :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ! 👍

Message 8 of 10

FS4
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been waiting for a month now. I have been told it will take 48 hours. I have spent many hours on the call with very unhelpful and full of promises customer service agent with no luck.

I am trying to transfer O2 to O2.

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

That's a migration @FS4 and not a port.

Have you followed the steps in this guide - Guide: Migration & porting into O2  ?

If you are moving from a previously Virgin account, then there are known (but not acknowledged) problems - you might be better porting your number to another provider and the porting it back again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10