cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues (incomplete porting - not finished)

Darko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Any advice how to fix the porting issues?

My iMessage cannot be activated, also certain SMS I cannot receive (from Banks, work, Microsoft). It have swapped new sim in o2 shop, but that did not help. I do have o2 signal and internet connection. However, texts are affected.

Regards,

Darko

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Rog1 - contact O2's Social Media Team, links just below. There are no O2 Advisors on the forum on a Sunday, so if no joy, come back here and we can tag whatever advisor is scheduled to be on duty from 8am Monday morning, if you are available to give them info they need via Forum Private Message (PM), @Rog1. Good luck!

Message 11 of 17

Rog1
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn .  I have a case number and was promised contact from O2 tech support yesterday morning.  Still nothing and the social team seem to take days to reply.  

I’m still unable to receive texts from companies on my new O2 sim.  I’m also at the point I need to return my old EE phone as part of a part exchange. 

I’d love to think someone from O2 actually cared about sorting this!  

Message 12 of 17

pgn
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

If you are still online, @Rog1, @O2Emma is on at the moment - keep an eye on your PMs for info on that reference number etc.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 17

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 14 of 17

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorry, I was unable to respond before as I was abroad…and o2 community has some bar if you are overseas…

what has helped me was…Calling o2 CS and opening the ticket for porting (that was double checked), after calling again and opening the ticket for SMS services, and eventually changing SIM card to another devices to test it. Once I have placed back SIM into iPhone…everything was perfect.

Message 15 of 17

pgn
  • 36422 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Thank you for the update, @Darko - and for forum managers, a lot of info in this reply to take on-board @Breanna @RafaC @Martin-O2 - we are still no closer to a guide, or possibly 2 or even 3 guides - multiple points of failure here?

Message 16 of 17

Rog1
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the help in the community, and to @O2Emma  for diagnosing and fixing.  It was apparently  something called a split port where my old number had got stuck on the EE network as well as working on O2.  

Message 17 of 17