cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues (incomplete porting - not finished)

Darko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Any advice how to fix the porting issues?

My iMessage cannot be activated, also certain SMS I cannot receive (from Banks, work, Microsoft). It have swapped new sim in o2 shop, but that did not help. I do have o2 signal and internet connection. However, texts are affected.

Regards,

Darko

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Darko 

Two things you need to check for iMessage activation.

1 - Settings >Phone >My Number. Make sure it is correct, if not, edit, save and reboot.

2 - Reset your network settings.

If all this is OK, just wait a few days for the system to catch up and iMessage will activate.

For OTP texts, you need to contact O2 to check the porting files have been completed for the OTP platform, as sometimes they are missed.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Darko 

Two things you need to check for iMessage activation.

1 - Settings >Phone >My Number. Make sure it is correct, if not, edit, save and reboot.

2 - Reset your network settings.

If all this is OK, just wait a few days for the system to catch up and iMessage will activate.

For OTP texts, you need to contact O2 to check the porting files have been completed for the OTP platform, as sometimes they are missed.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mi5,

The most painful part is OTP texts as I need to log in daily for work and for bank…

I have restarted phone numerous times, rested network settings, number is correct on system files…

The first initial message for iMessage is actually SMS (activation message ), so network is not communicating with device and keep loading to connect with no answer… 

Thank you for letting me know. I will contact CS tomorrow! Also on Insta.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Good luck mate

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!

I have rung them at 8, I mean O2 CS on 202. They picked up immediately, guy seemed to be very knowledgeable and he said it happened now and then… He has submitted request this to be checked with EE as number hasn’t been realised completely. He will call me back at 12 again with more information, but everything should be sorted in next 24hrs. So lets see!

Message 5 of 17

Darko
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

O2 202 CS has submitted a request to EE to double check porting and that has fixed the issue. It took like 6 hours to fix it since the initial call. 

After that, it took me 6 more hours to fix an iMessage activation, but signing out and in from an Apple account on iPhone has somehow helped.

Incomplete porting is not an irreversible process and can be fixed. I have been porting number 3 times so far, and this is the first time I am facing an issues of this nature. 

If you got questions, feel free to reach out. I will be happy to assist!

Message 6 of 17

kizi
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue. Not receiving OTPs since porting my number from EE. How did you get it solved? Did O2 just contact EE concerning incomplete porting of number? Any help appreciated. 

Message 7 of 17

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Morning @O2Lisa!

@Darko has let me know the OTP issue still isn't resolved. Could you take a look for them? It also looks like @kizi may be experiencing similar issues.

Message 8 of 17

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Breanna 

@Darko@kizi I’ll message you both privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Rog1
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have this exact same issue.  And going round in circles with O2 CS.  

Port was from from iPhone12 on EE to iPhone14 on O2. Texts and calls working both ways to other numbers.  But anything for eBay, bank, paypal and other organisations is coming up on my old phone which is still in service.  It’s obvious the port didn’t complete isn’t it? 

The O2 CS reps are pleasant but don’t seem to have a script to follow.  I’ve tried magic words such as OTP and incomplete port but no luck.  

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Message 10 of 17