Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

at29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm a new customer, transferring from Three mobile. Have put in all my porting details to keep my old number but port is stuck due to a "technical issue". I've had five phone calls with O2 customer service. No one seems to have a clue what is going on - first one told me fixed within 4 hours, the next one told me 24 hours, the latest one said 1-3 days. I'm still in my cooling off period so I'm minded to cancel if I don't see progress soon. Anyone had a similar problem and how did they resolve it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@at29 

Judging by the number of similar issues on here I would guess there's an issue they are working on, so it seems that patience is the only option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

at29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Not really acceptable. It’s my work number and it means that for a week now I’ve not been able to receive calls from clients. Not that o2 seem to take the blind bit of interest. Customer service now say that there is nothing they can do and it’s a back office problem - but it’s of course not possible to speak to a back office person, they can only email and back office will respond within 1-5 days. Minded to cancel entirely and move to another network. Staggering levels of incompetence.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@at29 O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so that may be adding to your problem. Why they can't do it on weekends is beyond me. I'd hazard a guess and say the earliest your number will port is Tuesday.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4