cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in number and o2 closed my account!

Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have had an unbelievable experience porting in my number to o2 and over a month and a half later it looks as if my number may be lost forever. I don’t have anywhere else to turn as all my emails, letter and numerous phone calls and store visit hasn’t made any progress. 

I had a number with Three that I wanted to port over to o2. (It’s a very important number to me that I’ve had for a long time and that i really want to keep)
I ordered an o2 pay monthly sim online and provided a pac code as part of the online order. This was on 30th April. 

So my sim arrived in the post and I’m waiting for the port in date to be set before I use the o2 sim. 

On 9th may i get an email and sms saying my security details had changed. Expecting that this means that the port over is in progress I call o2 customer services and get told that my account is suspected fraud and to email the o2 fraud team. 
I send emails to this team explaining that I am the o2 customer and that I want the port in to go ahead. I send these on 9th May, 12th May, 17th may and 1st June. To date I have not had any response back from that team. 

I visit the o2 store on 23 May and bring my order confirmation, ID documents and copy of contract that came by post.  The helpful staff member sees that I am who I say I am and contacts CS and retail support. They relay to me that that both the temporary number for the o2 sim I ordered and my ported in mobile number from Three have been suspended/disconnected due to suspected fraud. 

I am shocked but understand that these things need to be investigated. However I am without my mobile number from three (they completed the port out request and are now closing my account and can’t reinstate without pac code from o2) 

I haven’t had any response to my communications and phone calls can’t progress due to fraud team involvement. 

I sent a letter to o2 correspondence team to explain everything and how I really need this number to be reinstated and this letter received 30 may (signed for delivery) hasn’t been responded to. 

I am really at a loss and short of raising a complaint with ofcom to allow more investigation I can’t understand why my long standing number was ported in on 9th may then immediately closed by o2 with no way of me retrieving it. 

Very frustrating and compounded by me being a new parent on 15th may so really could have done without my longstanding tel number being closed for reasons I can’t be told and no response from the email address I’m meant to liaise with. 

hoping someone from o2 can read this and help me please! I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding and am ready to verify my identify and ownership of that tel number.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Tagging in @O2Sarah- + can you help @Avatar555, please, when you are back in Friday morning? Thanks.

Message 2 of 9

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Avatar555 I will send you a private message so I can see what I can do 😊

Message 3 of 9

Li3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn @O2Sarah- Hi, sorry for tagging both of you but I have the same issue with the OP and need this to be solve asap, all my stuffs is linked to this number , one year contract with O2 and I have completely port out from Vodafone since 3 weeks ago. I need my number back can any of you help me with this issue please.

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Li3 wrote:

@pgn @O2Sarah- Hi, sorry for tagging both of you but I have the same issue with the OP and need this to be solve asap, all my stuffs is linked to this number , one year contract with O2 and I have completely port out from Vodafone since 3 weeks ago. I need my number back can any of you help me with this issue please.

@O2Emma is on now until later this evening, @Li3 - watch for a message from her presently to find out more and see what can be done for you. Good luck!

Message 5 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Li3 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 6 of 9

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@Li3 We are already in contact regarding the Fraud .

signature
Message 7 of 9

Lela97
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you receive any solution? I got similar problem but i was porting my number from 3 to o2 and it’s now 2 weeks and just more problems coming up. It’s disappointing as the number is access to all my accounts. I just don’t know what to do anymore. On phone customer service is no help or even in branch no one able to help receiving different answers from everyone or being told to wait 24h 

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Can you see if you can help @Lela97 please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9