Did you mean: 

Porting gone wrong - urgent help needed

JadBstl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am new to the o2 community. 
I am having serious issues with the porting of my phone number from Vodafone to o2. The porting process was initiated yesterday (Tuesday) as I lost my Vodafone service in the morning. By the evening, the porting had seemingly been completed and I could make and receive calls. This morning (Wednesday) I noticed that the 4G was not working, only 3G and rang customer services to have it enabled. Shortly after this call, my entire service got disabled. I cannot make or receive calls, I cannot text and I have no data. All I can do is use wifi where available. I also cannot call (for obvious reasons) o2 themselves unless I am borrowing someone else’s phone. I have raised this through the chat support but all I’ve been told is the porting takes 24h. It’s been 48h and I have restarted my phone multiple times and nothing is working. Please help as I will be abroad tomorrow and I cannot go without a working phone 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There are some really incompetent people working in O2 customer service

I've lost count of the number of exact same threads running throughout this community during the last 6-12 months

Totally unacceptable

@O2Sarah-could you possibly assist another O2 victim in the morning?

Message 2 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie . This sounds far from ideal. 😞

@JadBstl I will send you a private message so i can look into this for you.

Message 3 of 7

MakingAnemone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, ongoing - Vodafone to O2.

No service on my actual number now as Vodafone disconnected it yesterday when the port was meant to happen. Phoned O2 3 times since yesterday evening, each to be spun a different yarn as to why the port hasn't completed and allow them to buy time.

This is now a serious issue for me. I have asked to raise a complaint on my last call, but the CSR outright refused stating that was "not (her) priority right now", but rather her priority was to "get my number working".

I would be appreciative of any help anyone could provide, especially now as we head towards the weekend and this is having a severe impact on me.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7

MakingAnemone
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not sure if this should be its own "topic", but I am becoming a bit desperate - @O2Sarah- can you help me too please?

Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12098 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Sarah has clocked out for the day @MakingAnemone so I will mention the other advisors who can help.

@O2Daniel @O2KyleW can you assist?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @MakingAnemone 

II will end you a private message so i can check your account. 

Message 7 of 7