cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in from giffgaff to O2 - worst experience ever!!

Vvvvv
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I order the sim on 27/1 and provide all the necessary information to port in my old number. I understand it takes time to process so I wait for the port in til 31/1, which is the end date of my goodie bag of my previous service provide - giffgaff.

Tried to contact the customer service via hotline 202, wait for over 45 minutes with crappy music and no response.

Tried to contact via online chat box, need to tried many times - kept saying they are busy - finally get someone to help, he promised the port in would take place by 2/2 6pm. So I bought another month's goodie bag from giffgaff to keep my old number and make sure the number could be used for the port in.

On 2/2 after 6pm, the guaranteed port in didn't happen. So I tried to call 202, wait for another 1 hour, no answer of course, I'm not surprised now. I contact online chat, tried many times it takes me 2 days to finally get someone and explain my situation all over again, they promised my port in would be take place by 7/2 6pm.

My giffgaff number is suspended then but it still didn't port in to O2.

What happened to O2?
Why is it so difficult to port in the number from giffgaff?
I cannot use my old number now - missing all the phone call / verification code / text messages plus I'm moving home. So frustrated! So much inconvenience to me.

I never thought it is so hard to port in to O2 - this never happened with another company.

Please either help to fix it or cancel my contract with O2, I do not want to waste my time and money on a company with such poor after sale service!!
and no one answer the customer service hotline!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

There does seem to be problems with porting on O2

I ported a Vodafone number to 1p Mobile this week. Request put in Monday @9:00 completed Tuesday @12:15

As you have tried other routes I'll tag an advisor

@O2Emma 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Let's try @O2Emma for help

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli @MI5  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 5

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Vvvvv I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 5 of 5