cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from VOXI to O2, but not sure please help !

saahilkhanna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my questions is I brought an iPad on contract along with sim from O2 in Nov 2019 and I don't feel like using that sim I rarely used it but for my iPhone I'm using VOXI right now pay as go plan so can I port my number from VOXI to O2 and start using it in my iPhone for making calls and everything just like normal sim.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@saahilkhanna  Not quite sure what it is you want to do? Do you want to use your current number from your other provider on an O2 Pay & Go tariff, or do you want to port your Pay & Go number onto your O2 contract? Either way, you're going to need to speak to customer service. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@saahilkhanna 

There's nothing to stop you porting your number from voxi but if you do port it to your iPad SIM, calls won't work. 

Your iPad SIM only includes an allowance for data and 100 texts per month. 

How to keep your number, if you choose to do so https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @saahilkhanna , hope you're having a nice Friday. Did you manage to get all the information you needed about porting your number to O2? Don't hesitate to pop back in to let us know if you need anything else. slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

saahilkhanna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok let me try to make it clear for you ... My iPad and iPad’s sim is on contract but I don’t want to use my iPad sim so can I use that sim into my mobile for calling and everything because somebody told me I can’t place calls with that sim.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@saahilkhanna wrote:
Ok let me try to make it clear for you ... My iPad and iPad’s sim is on contract but I don’t want to use my iPad sim so can I use that sim into my mobile for calling and everything because somebody told me I can’t place calls with that sim.

Then you must have a data only sim which is the normal sim issued for an ipad. Unfortunately you have been told correctly that you will not be able to make calls with that sim.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@saahilkhanna wrote:

@saahilkhanna 

As I said already, no.

The iPad SIM is data only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7