cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality service overall

Anonymous
Not applicable

SO i've been a customer with O2 for 1 month now, switching from Three and the call quality compared to Three is terrible.

Now according to Three's website their calls are high definition and O2 does not have this on their network, too cheap i guess as O2's 3G is terrible too.

But the calls are sort of cutting out and people are asking me to repeat what i said, and can hear when it cuts out. Could this be because of Three having a much superior network?

Im so dissapointed i switched from Three to O2 because my whole service has become awful, everywhere i go, when comparing to Three.

Not just call quality is terrible, but internet speeds are rubbish and with Three i could always have H or H+ signal, where as with O2 its usually just G, or 3G and rarely H.

I was getting speeds of around 27Mbps on Three and they have not even released their 4G yet, where as on O2 struggle to get 1Mbps and in some areas cant even use the internet as its so slow.

WHen willthese issue be sorted and does anyone else experience any of this? Im in London aswell.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Did you check to see what your coverage would be with O2 before you switched from 3?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Check for any local issues here : O2 Service Status

Clean the simcard and reboot the phone.

I think you may have got the Three download speed wrong.

Message 3 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 are planning on 98% population coverage for 2G 3G and 4G two years earlier than they are obliged to under the terms of the 4G agreement.

The mast sharing agreement with Vodafone should help too.

http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

I'm puzzled why you would move from a network if you were happy with the coverage though?

I understand they have DC-HSDPA but I don't believe those speeds are right either.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i did check, and i get 4-5 bars, so this is not the issue, i also checked the status and no issues, i also reported it 2 weeks ago and they said been checked and nothing is the issue.

As for the speed on Three, yes believe it as i used to tether ans would get 3.1MB/s transfer speeds

By the way for proof of Three's speed test here is a speedtest.net reading of one of my older tests, clocked in at almost 29Mbps:

www.speedtest.net/iphone/491608233.png

Wish i never left Three

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

So why did you leave Three if they were so good? You were asked this earlier but never answered the question.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked your sim in another phone just to rule out the phone your using.

I suppose we all sometimes think the grass is greener on the other side occasionally.

Are you now locked into a contract ?

O2 link ref Network Future.

http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a good deal at the time on a phone I wanted.

Simply put it O2's network is one of the worst with Vodafone quite close as being as crap. Doing research now they barely have DC-HSDPA, they have the worst 3G coverage of all networks, they don't have HD voice calls like Three & EE.

They have 3G900 and still their signal is pants even in London. And all this about they are investing this much money, well where is it going?

I read they were threatened by Ofcom they would lose their 3G licence if they didn't being it to the bare minimum of 85%, and guess where it still is? 85%. I will advise everyone to stay clear of O2.

Message 8 of 8