cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please take my money! O2 site rejects my cards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the past three days I've been trying to buy the Oneplus 3T on pay as you go through the O2 website. Everytime I get to the point where I put in my card details and click to proceed it says "sorry your card payment did not go through". I've tried three cards on three browsers (all on PC) and on my phone throught it's browser. I've called my various bank/card providers and they have said that they can see the transaction go through the system, they accept it and pass it back to O2 only for O2 to reject it. I've tried calling O2 to make the payment over the phone and they are using the same system so it rejects the payment again. I've spent ages on the live chat which is no help at all. I've even had my wife try from her work. I've tried mastercard, visa, credit and debit cards. All no good. Unfortunately if I go into my local shop they won't let me buy it without a £15 top up (that I don't want or need).

Any ides anyone?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you already have an o2 sim you may not need a top up (at the manager's discretion) but the website is always playing up with taking money so either keep trying or buy in store are your only options.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Actually @Anonymous you may be better off that your cards were refused. The device you want probably wont be in stock so it will all be for nothing. As said you best option of getting the phone of your choice is instore.

If I were you I wouldn't be attempting again. Multiple tries often get refused anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replys. The manager has said he can't do anything regarding the £15. He also said the device is in stock (I was selecting collect in store). He said if I sit and use my phone to buy if off the website (which doesn't require the £15 top up) he would then give me the phone, but if I bought it in store I would have to pay the extra £15. I've never experienced anything like this before, I'm that used to every other online service where you just enter card details and it goes straight through I'm at a bit of a loss. I can order it unlocked direct from the manufacturer for £399 delivered, I was prepared to pay £417.99 off the website so that I had a physical store to go into if there was a problem, but paying £432.99 seems a bit excessive.

Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd order it direct from OP personally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really? I'm torn because there support has got a terrible reputation. I've been bitten by Chinese/HK based companies before with several weeks/months without a phone when a repair was needed.... Decisions, decisions..
Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 repairs are not much better.
Search the forum for issues with "Anovo" before finally deciding wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  If you really want this phone, buy it from OnePlus directly. If there was a problem at any point with it, O2 repairs probably wouldn't know which end was which anyway, and would more than likely pass it to OnePlus to repair it. We normally suggest going direct to the manufacturer for repair for any make of phone still under warranty rather than go through O2 repairs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You've convinced me, I've ordered direct. I did some research and it looks like there all as bad as each other. No-one seems to offer good customer service. Fingers crossed I don't have any problems.
Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

i think you have made the best decision @Anonymous. You say you've ordered it so I presume it's in stock in OnePlus? That's the difference right there...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24