Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - return a watch in cooling off period

AmandaB1971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I don't want to sound dramatic but I am at my wits end.  O2 are seriously affecting my mental health.

I upgraded my apple watch on 4th September to a series 7 with larger screen as I have a vision impairment and my older watch had a smaller screen.

It wouldn't connect to the cellular so I called O2 on 4th September, 5th September, 6th September and 9th September each time they tried to solve the problem but couldn't.  So on the 9th September they decided the watch was faulty and sent me a new one.  They said the DHL courier would collect the faulty one and drop off the new one on the 12th September.  On 12th the DHL courier arrived with the new watch but wouldn't take the old one, he said O2 hadn't made that arrangement.  This left me with two new series 7 apple watches.

Unfortunately the new watch also won't hold the cellular connection, which resulted in a two hour call with Apple support yesterday which also failed to resolve it.

Today I decided that as I'm within the 14 day cooling off period I'd had enough after all these calls and problems and I'd send it back (and the one the courier wouldn't take) and cancel the contract.

I had four calls with O2 today, during which time a very rude person in the returns team said she'd organised to send me the jiffy bag.  When the confirmation email came through she'd organised a return for repair not to cancel the contract.  I rang back and the next person said take them to an O2 store as that will be quickest and most straight forward.  I live in a rural location with a vision impairment but none the less I set off on the 30 mile round trip to take them to the O2 shop only to get there and them say they wouldn't take them!!

Please can someone help me, I am literally beside myself.  As I said I have a vision impairment and I am also unwell at the moment with a perforated ear drum and this is just getting me down.  I simply want to return the watch that I have a contract on and cancel it - perfectly within my legal rights.  I also want to return to Beats earphones they gave me as a free gift and also the watch the courier left behind.

I have never been treated so badly or passed around so much, it's really debilitating particularly as I struggle to see stuff easily.  

I really don't know what to do next?  I've got a printer if a label can be sent to me via email, I have packaging I can use to pack them up.  

Thanks for any help.

Amanda 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23270 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

I will tag an O2 online account advisor, but because of events on Monday they won't be back now until Tuesday. They will contact you by Private Message on this site, so look for the little mail envelope at the top right of this page. 

@O2Sarah- can you please assist @AmandaB1971?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

AmandaB1971
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much, it really has been hideously stressful.  They're all packaged up and ready to go. Thanks again and totally understand the delay due to Monday's sad events. 

Message 3 of 6

I-am-olga
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel your pain!!! too have had a very stressful attempt at upgrading not in your level but am totally deflated. I had tried since 4.09.22 to return I phone I ordered incorrectly thought the iPhone 13 was the larger screen phone turns out is is the iPhone 13 pro max. My mistake tried to cancel the order, tried to get the order returned, several messages, chats and calls later finally got it returned only to be told the best deal they can get me on the new phone is over £20 a month more. Don’t think they are interested in loyal customers who have been with them since 2004!

Message 4 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino

@AmandaB1971 Sorry to hear you have had so much difficulty with your watch. I will send you a private message so we can get this sorted out. 

Message 5 of 6

AmandaB1971
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you I've replied now, I was working away today.  Sorry.

Amanda

Message 6 of 6