Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging/MMS Galaxy Y (PAYG)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi.. just a query re PAYG. My daughter is currently using my old Galaxy Y (as she lost her LG) She is on Unlimited Tariff. A couple of times she has received a picture or MMS that doesnt come through and just states 'downloading' (but never does download) She wont turn on mobile data to receive the message/picture as she is worried that she will be charged £1.99 data charge.I didnt think that would happen on this tariff? What else can she do, in order to receive MMS/pictures? Thanks all

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Unlimited £15 top up gives you 100mb of data a month, which is enough for about 1000 MMS messages so she will be fine to activate data to receive her messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Does she have data included in her tariff? If so it won't cost anything to receive the picture. If no data included it will invoke the £1.00 daily data charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@MI5. I have just asked her and she said no..BUT what she cant understand is, she has exactly the same tariff as before (when she had the LG) When she lost that, O2 gave her a new sim and transferred her number over. She says the LG was set up to receive picture messaging and she wasnt charged, but this samsung isnt...and so, quite rightly in my opinion, wonders why she should be charged now, when she wasnt before?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Can you confirm what tariff she is on and what model of LG phone she had previously pls.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

It was the LG optimus L3 (E400) and she is on unlimited tariff. (She tops up £15 per month)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Unlimited £15 top up gives you 100mb of data a month, which is enough for about 1000 MMS messages so she will be fine to activate data to receive her messages.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I knew you would sort this my lad :smileytongue:(tho you could be female for all I know!) Will pass it on and many thanks. Dont know what I would do without this forum:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Tell her she was lucky to lose the LG too wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I know she would disagree with you on that one. She reckons that little LG was one of the best phones she ever had (mind you it had started to freeze occasionally!!) Not sure if you can recommend phones, but if you can what would you suggest as a replacement PAYG? (She isnt getting on with this Galaxy Y) She isnt in need of anything 'all singing all dancing'... calls texts, pictures and the occasional link up with FB, is as much as she would want?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144990 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
There are some very good sub £100 phones around at the moment so the choice is wide. What in particular is the problem with the Y, as this will help with a recommendation....?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22