Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgraded without consent

Nanaskp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone. I have s21 ultra and recently got it changed with insurance. They have upgraded it to s22 without even telling me or asking me. When i called they said they didn't wanted me to wait any longer. To send it back means spend morw hours with backup and restoring everything and I'm losing more time. I'm not happy with their choices. Would have been nice to call me and get my approval before the device being paid. Why i paid insurance 2 years to get something else. I lost my money AND another extra 90 pounds on top. I could have just bought a new phone. What can i do in this case? I really don't want to pay for it since i don't feel like it's fair

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Nanaskp 

You really should read the terms of your insurance policy, which says the can replace it for a similar model, and as the S21 is now 3 years old, you have gotten a newer phone.. And to be honest all insurance companies would have done this.

You would have received your old phone back completely wiped, so you would have had to restore everything anyway, not sure why you think it would be the same as you sent it, as you need to send it wiped to the repair centre.

You can send it back and wait for an S21 Ultra to come into stock, if one ever comes in, and you will still be paying for it. 

But you have got a newer phone than your S21 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2