cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade not being sent! o2 sort this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post itn't for discussion - however I'm hoping for feedback from o2 direct.

Last weekend I upgraded to the Samsung S7 and paid for Saturday next day delivery, I stayed in the house all day in order to receive the package from the delivery driver - nothing arrived! The same goes for Sunday! Still no phone!

I call o2 customer service on Monday to enquire why the phone has not been received yet. The o2 member of staff said that the phone had not been posted due to there being no stock of the particular phone.

Absolutely ridiculous situation, for the following reasons....:

1, I was not informed of the phone not arriving in line with the online upgrade specification and requirements (next day!).

2, that I was allowed to select and pay for next day delivery if the phone is not in stock!

3, the o2 member of staff on the phone was not able to tell me when I will receive the new phone

4, the o2 member of staff was not able to find out when more stock was being made available

as this information is not available to them

5, I was not offered any compensation as a result of this, from the call center operative, nor her line manager. I was made to feel as though the refund of my £7.99 next day delivery was a form of compensation, when in actual fact it is a refund for a service that was not performed.

6. the only method of seeing if a phone was available locally was to cancel the order, wait 24 hours, then o2 check with stores to see if they have stock. If the answer to stock is NO, then I would be placed back at the end of the queue for the phone once stock arrives.

7, I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY UPGRADED PHONE, a week on! and have had no correspondence as to when this will be arriving

8, if I do not receive any feedback on this post by the end of today I will be cancelling my order and my contract with o2 in place of a competitor. I have been a customer for over ten years and I feel this level of service is unacceptable.

Kind regards,

Mr J Fergie

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't o2 so you won't get any direct feedback.
Contact details here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't o2 so you won't get any direct feedback.
Contact details here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous No one from O2 customer services will see your post here sadly as this is a customer to customer forum.

This happens a lot. Without a live stock ordering system it will continue  You are within your rights to claim your next day delivery fee back. You need to contact customer services for that https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
*beep!* - OK - Thanks!
Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

As they said, the O2 community is a group of customers like you, happy to answer questions, discuss O2 or chat about any related topic but we are not Customer Service I am afraid. Please follow their advice and find the best way for you to get in touch here.

Thanks @Cleoriff and @MI5 for your amazing help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5