cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone sending messages by itself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Wondering if anyone can help me... the strangest thing happened the other day, my partner recieved three text messages from me in a row, none of which i sent.

The messages were 'Busy now, see you at lunch' and 'In a meeting, speak later' , one of which was repeated twice. Now upon looking this up online, these responses seem to be default reject call messages on the Iphone, but i don't have a iphone! i have a windows phone, and whats more my partner was asleep in bed and had'nt called me anyway!

Can anyone help me understand what might have happened please?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I am not at all technical but this sounds very weird.....(and worrying)

No idea what would have caused it other than a faulty sim. One of our techy guys will be along soon and hopefully explain. Only thing I can suggest is a call to CS...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

These are default message replies on android too. Have you checked your autoreply settings. Usually text issues are due to a faulty sim so I would pop instore to change it first of all.

Message 3 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Probably pocket sent the default replies
Message 4 of 18

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I moved off the windows phone, having been a long time winphan. The reason, random querks with the new OS. I would almost put money on it, that it was the handset sending messages it thought it needed to send, or tried to send some time back. I once sent a message to my mate, and my lumia 950 decided to send it 12 times.... when speaking with microsoft support, they blamed the network not confirming to the handset that the message was sent... but i dunno.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is a windows phone, and I have checked the default replies and neither of the messages sent are in my default replies!
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I can understand messages being sent late, but these are messages I have never written, are not in my default replies, and appear to be default Iphone replies, very strange.
Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine is a windows phone, and I have checked the default replies and neither of the messages sent are in my default replies!

Pop instore and get a change of sim. It may not help but worth a try....

Rather than face the wrath of waking up your girlfriend with random texts that you never sent....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh she did see them, and assumed that I'd sent them to her in error and that they were meant for someone else!
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh she did see them, and assumed that I'd sent them to her in error and that they were meant for someone else!

Exactly my point. You better get ready to show her this page in case of further mishaps.Smiley Very Happy Trust me I'm a woman. I know how our minds work....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18