cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone repair or bust!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not really sure whether this is the place to post my story, but I would appreciate any feedback as to what lies ahead with regard a much needed phone repair.

In February 2009, I purchased a Blackberry 8900 on a monthly contract. By the end of 2009 my phone developed a problem with a totally non functioning ear speaker. I emailed a full description of the problem, my attempted fixes including firmware upgrades etc and of course my full details to mycare.

A short while later I received an automated email from mycare advising me to check I had a full battery charge etc. Real tongue on cheek stuff, which I found quite insulting. I replied to this email advising them to actually spend the time to read what I had spent the time writing. That evening I received a call on my handset, which was still functioning with the speakerphone activated, from a helpful mycare rep. I explained the problem but informed him that I was in France and not expected to return to the UK until Feb 2010. I made it clear that I was prepared to await my return to the UK before having the problem sorted.
I explained my concerns about being out of warranty before my return, but my fears were allayed by him informing me that Blackberry's had an 18month warranty.
The conversation ended with me happy to wait until Feb 2010 to have the repair arranged.

I arrived back in the UK this week and began the O2 contacting process again. :womanindifferent:

Whilst I was searching for the contact address an O2 customer service messenger type pop-up appeared on my screen and before I knew it I was talking to somebody allegedly from O2 customer services. I explained the situation and I was given the mycare email address. I emailed mycare and asked them how to proceed.

Soon afterwards I received an automated reply asking me to check I had a full battery. :robotmad: ..... here we go again!

I replied again rather curtly this time, stating my desire to speak with somebody competent.

7 hrs later (2049hrs) I received an email from another unknown person stating that because I had not included my details on my response he could not access my account. It seems he believes that to access my account would have breached DPA, which thankfully I knew to mean the Data Protection Act. Having studied and used the DPA, I fail to see his issue. Additionally, my email simply asked him how to proceed and all I wanted was a non automated response.

Later I sent my details and explained my position, including me giving consideration to ending my O2 relationship this summer

I heard nothing the following day so I contacted Customer Services, requesting either the email or postal address for the manager of the mycare department. I was getting fed up by this stage. Customer services said something about getting back to me within 24hrs, but 31hrs has elapsed so far and I haven't heard from them. Ah well, worth a try!

Anyway, some 42hrs after I provided my details and mentioning leaving O2, I received an email from mycare ( at least they responded Customer Services!). This email though, went onto to tell me that they understood I was in France and that I could contact them on their international 08705 helpdesk number.

I guess they have not been reading my mails! 😞

Call me old-fashioned, but surely we can expect better service than this and certainly expect a better standard of written English than this..........

hello Andrew

thank you of contacting o2,
Im sorry to hear that you are having issues with your blackberry 8900, I understand that you have previously completed fault diognostics on the handset and the issues has not been resolved, at this stage we will be able to repair the handset, ii understand that you are outside the uk at the moment please call our international helpdesk number on
+448705214000 and you can be directed to our returns and repairs team
and we will be able to discuss the repair process

I know, I am being picky!

My question, I suppose, is, what is the procedure for returns/repairs? What should I insist on? They have already taken my patience, they best not take too much of my time.

Thanks for reading this lengthy first post.

Cheers,

Andy
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, easy answer is that your Blackberry is broken so you really need to be speaking with the returns and repairs department at o2, call 202 instead of continuing the backwards forwards emails with mycare as all they'll be able to tell you in the end with regards to a faulty handset is to actually call 202 and ask for returns and repairs or visit a store to have the handset sent off for repair.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So mycare is not returns or repairs? 😐

So why did customer service give me mycare's details and not returns or repairs?

My Blackberry is defintely broke, that is for sure, I just didn't realise that fixing it would be so difficult! One of my main concerns is how long I will be phoneless as I have no spare handsets.

Thanks for you input.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get contact details for O2 simply click Contact Us on the front page of www.o2.co.uk.
You can contact them by phone, email, post. However, for something like this, (which requires a two way dialogue) its much easier just to call them. You can get the whole thing sorted in moments rather than trying to conduct the conversation by email.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get contact details for O2 simply click Contact Us on the front page of www.o2.co.uk.
You can contact them by phone, email, post. However, for something like this, (which requires a two way dialogue) its much easier just to call them. You can get the whole thing sorted in moments rather than trying to conduct the conversation by email.

I am sure you are right and of course I suppose I was expecting the same thing as last time to happen, when somebody calls me, at their convenience for us to talk.
I wasn't expecting continual fobbing off, considering I am a customer they make money from!!

I must have mislead the forum with my reasons for posting, but I am really enquiring as to what the procedure is now, more specifically, how long I will be without a very much needed phone.

Andy
Message 5 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
try reading this pdf http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... actice.pdf

It may help you if you are still unhappy contact the complaint review service including all copy emals etc you have

i understand it could be 14 days for repair
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
So mycare is not returns or repairs? 😐
So why did customer service give me mycare's details and not returns or repairs?
My Blackberry is defintely broke, that is for sure, I just didn't realise that fixing it would be so difficult! One of my main concerns is how long I will be phoneless as I have no spare handsets.
Thanks for you input.

No, mycare are not returns and repairs.

Customer services give the mycare email address because that's the email address you use for contacting o2, 'mycare' is just a name o2 have created for the team of people who reply to emails.

It's not really that difficult to get your handset fixed, just take it into any o2 store. If you don't have a spare phone to use while it's away you can take a loan phone (if they're in stock and you put down a deposit).
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with the other posters here... if you had just telephoned O2 rather than ping pong back and forward with emails, you would have been able to explain the issue, run through a few basic checks, and sort this out in a jiffy, rather than this rather ridiculous exchange.

FYI, calls to customer services from the uk and from overseas are free for pay monthly customers. (Well, they are for me anyway)
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to agree with the other posters here... if you had just telephoned O2 rather than ping pong back and forward with emails, you would have been able to explain the issue, run through a few basic checks, and sort this out in a jiffy, rather than this rather ridiculous exchange.
FYI, calls to customer services from the uk and from overseas are free for pay monthly customers. (Well, they are for me anyway)

Dear Markle,

In fear of being "moderated" again, I would just like to add that I found your post to be somewhat lacking in useful information. Please don't post in this or any of my threads in the future. grin

I do hope you are not offended by what I am saying, or else this will end up deleted too! :womanindifferent:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to an O2 shop!

That is what the Returns and Repairs person, who clearly did not have the time to talk to me, told the helpful Customer Services advisor that I should do.

Now, if this is the procedure for those that purchased their phone online, why isn't it written anywhere or at least why couldn't I have been given this information last week by mycare? All I have witnessed is mycare and returns/repairs passing the buck and fobbing off. Class act and I will be enquiring how and when to give notice to shut this rubbish down.

I know Markle it is my fault for not knowing the system and for daring to ask those employed to answer such questions. All I can say is God help the person in the shop, should they refuse to take my phone!
Message 10 of 17