Did you mean: 

Phone number ported before SIM activated

Paul40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

My phone number has been ported before my SIM activated as my SIM only arrived today. Now I can't activate my SIM or Call 02 because i have no phone access. 02 appears to have no phone number and live Chat does not appear to function. How can I resolve this. Not a very good start to be honest.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35781 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Put the new SIM into the new phone and power-on, reboot a couple of times if necessary.

Reach out to O2 via Social Media, links below, to make sure the phone was not sent to you with a shipping bar in place, @Paul40.

If you are using a new SIM in the old phone, no harm in checking that the old phone is not locked to your previous network/carrier. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35781 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Put the new SIM into the new phone and power-on, reboot a couple of times if necessary.

Reach out to O2 via Social Media, links below, to make sure the phone was not sent to you with a shipping bar in place, @Paul40.

If you are using a new SIM in the old phone, no harm in checking that the old phone is not locked to your previous network/carrier. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Paul40 Should you need to speak to customer service you can download Skype and call for free: Guide: A Guide to Skype 

You can call +44800 032 1402 or +44800 081 0255

When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3