cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not arriving

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a phone in late November which was supposed to arrive today. I waited and as I hadn't received a text to say when it was coming I decided to ask the chat line. I was on for 90 minutes during which: I was told my phone (5c) was out of stock and my order had been cancelled, so would I like to re-order. Yes please I said, for the same phone at the same price (I was upgrading early and had been told that my penalty was being waived as I had had to wait 70 minutes for someone to pick up the original call in November). So I was offered another phone for £14 more per month AND would have to pay the penalty (£20) to upgrade early. I kept repeating the terms that my original offer had been made, but I couldn't get any sense out of anyone, just 'oh yes, it must be very frustrating, I'm sorry we can't help you' sort of thing. So I went to the 'complaints' chat and got very much the same response, except that they said they were just the complaints section and couldn't actually do anything about it. So I have no phone (my old is faulty) and wonder what to do next. I know if I had another 70 minutes to spare I would ring 202 and might get a deal. But I don't

Nicholas

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Personally I would go in store to upgrade - CPW do some good deals too if you're not bothered about a refresh contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sounds to me, out of stock wasn't the real reason order was cancelled.
Seriously call on 202 and select "thinking of leaving"
They will help as much as they can
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

sadly you're not the only one here.

If I were you, I would look in your local stores to see if the phone is in stock or perhaps look at Carphonewarehouse etc

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Typical Live Chat nonsense. If the OP was expecting a delivery today and only told today that the order was cancelled, it's doubtful that they have had their refund yet.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be wrong but I think the IPhone 5c was discontinued this week...can you double check this please @Toby ? This would explain the cancellation of your own 

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an Apple Store local you could upgrade their and walk away with the iPhone 5c 8GB

They only offer a standard tariff and take ID
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Deja vu.....
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have been told by a friend of mine that the 8gb 5C is still available (It is still showing in the Apple Store)

(credit Stu Williamson)

http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-iphone/iphone5c

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10