cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone delivered to wrong address by UK Mail 02 now making me wait till they find it - not my problem

JulesM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, as an existing O2 customer I took out another pay monthly contract, with overnight delivery which was due yesterday.   Didn't get any delivery info checked online and it said delivered at 11.18 but it wasn't  long call with customer services and they said UK Mail hub in Bournemouth still had the phone but needed a new label? and I would get the phone today.. I also asked for a manager call back on this which I was told I would receive within 24 hours... 2 hours to go and no call back.

Today it show's as holding in the hub, another call to customer services now to be told it's been delivered to the wrong address by UK Mail and they need to recover the phone before they can get me another one out.

So someone somewhere has my phone linked to my O2 account and I'm paying for their useage. 

O2 won't cancel the contract or send me a new one until the recover the first phone - surely not my problem!  I haven't received the phone I paid for and it could now potentially be being used by someone else! 

O2 clearly haven't fulflled the contract for me so I have the right to cancel, yet they are refusing to let me until they get the phone back!  

In the mean time that phone could be racking up a bill which I am not going to pay for. 

I used to love their customer service when they had it. 

Guess as a O2 customer I need to vote with my feet and go elsewhere seen as there is  no longer any customer service?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@JulesM 

Large corporations are constrained by red tape and bureaucracy unfortunately.

Logic is none existent.

You won't be liable for any charges but nothing can be done on your account until O2 resolve the issue with UKM.

Keep in contact with CS to maintain the pressure to resolve asap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

JulesM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, but they haven't kept up their end fo the contract.. I don't have a phone, yet my phone is with someone who could have opened it and started using it!  all still linked to me!  

I believe that is a GDPR breach of information, as my details account etc are on the letter... so maybe I need to log a data breach?

and I disagree, it's O2/UK Mail internal problem not mine as the customer - they need to resolve their contract between them without it inteferring with me.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I never said it was your problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@JulesM

Im sorry to tell you but the ICO etc will not even entertain this being a GDPR breach, this is in fact an error by a courier misdelivering your parcel.

Frivolous reports of data breaches and GDPR breaches are treated with distain by the regulators, and also you would be waiting 8 weeks for a response...

Best thing to do, and i did this with another retailer in order to get things moving when delivery company very obviously delivered a parcel 30 miles away.

Ask o2 to block the phone and sim card related to the delivery.
Get the Proof of Delivery and if you can where it was delivered to (some have maps).
Get information from the couriers in Writing, do not rely on a phone call.
If you have the address go to google maps and do a route which shows the distance between you and the address it was delivered to.

The more data you have the better. 

Unfortunately, it is up to you to prove it was misdelivered, as people do commit fraud when receiving parcels and at this point to any company you could be trying it on, so as much as i have sympathy for you, o2 also have to protect themselves from fraud and theft.

edite to correct spelling

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

JulesM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

However the courier UK Mail have already admitted to O2 that they have delivered it incorrectly so that box is ticked.

O2 won't do anything with the account until the phone is returned they won't cancel my order or anything.. 

I realise about fraud, which is why I am worried about my detials and I will still make a GDPR complaint even if it takes months.. because it's not right and something needs to be done as I might not be the only one. 

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@JulesM

If you want to make a GDPR claim it needs to go against UKMail and not o2.

O2 have done everything in their power to send it securely.

If you are also very worried about your personal data being used by someone then you can ask for a marker to be placed on your credit reports so if anyone appplies for credit in your name it will be flagged

Google : Protective Registration: this will appear for two years from the date you purchased the service. It appears on the CIFAS database as a request by the consumer.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

JulesM
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice you have been most helpful... now I just need to somehow cancel a contract with O2 for a phone I haven't received. 

Lets see if my supervisor call happens within 24 hours - yestereday's has 1 hour on the clock left so I'm not feeling hopeful 

Message 8 of 8