Did you mean: 

Phone coverage in Sheffield

MrRichAllen1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Above.

Been getting messages since last week about a signal issue in the Sheffield S3 area, is it ever likely to be resolved? I can't change providers as I'm still paying off my contract/device plan, and there's not that many providers I'd willingly go with, Virgin are rubbish, Three are also rubbish, EE aren't terrible but they don't have the phone I want, and Vodafone has annoying customer service agents that don't understand Sheffield accents.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 

O2 will want it fixed asap, but many factors can influence repair times as as such, no timescales are given.

You can register here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 

O2 will want it fixed asap, but many factors can influence repair times as as such, no timescales are given.

You can register here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 

Where abouts in S3 as I know there a few masts around that area, and not had any issues when I drive through at peak times, on my way into town. 
If it is around Kelham Island, there is still lots of building work going on, and thanks to SCC's CAZ zone and the amount of roadworks, it could be a while.. 

From having a neb it looks like the mast on top of the Accounts on Rutland Road is the one that has an issue

I get the thing about us Deedars, and lots of CS struggle with our proper way of talking.

Just to add though Virgin are o2, EE can struggle in some parts of Sheffield, and Voda is Voda, 3 isnt as bad as it used to be..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 12

MrRichAllen1976
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live about 10 minutes from Kelham Island.

The majority of call centres hate me, due to being hard of hearing and wearing 2 hearing aids, I tend to speak quite loud, they think I'm shouting! I also have a very broad local accent, I have to say stuff like 3 times before they understand, I freely admit I have NO patience but this would annoy the flippin' Pope!

Message 4 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36438 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 wrote:

and there's not that many providers I'd ...EE aren't terrible but they don't have the phone I want

Does EE make you buy the phone from them? I have inevitably been able to get the phone I want, even if O2 (in this case) don't stock it - by going to reseller, like AffordableMobiles or MobilePhonesDirect... 

Is this not common in the world of EE? Curious, @MrRichAllen1976.

Message 5 of 12

MrRichAllen1976
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It wasn't when I was on EE about 12 years ago, I wanted a Nokia 3510, but they didn't have one so I left and went on Three for the first time, one of the worst ever, especially then because both Dad and I were on Three at the time and both our initials are R Allen, so they thought he was me and I was him.

Message 6 of 12

MrRichAllen1976
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Above.

Following a report last week that various incoming and outgoing calls were moaning about "poor signal" on my Google Pixel 7, I contacted O2, they said work was being done on a Mast in the S3 area, which has allegedly now been completed circa last Thursday lunch time.

However, the signal is still rubbish, if not for the fact I'm still paying off my phone for probably the rest of my natural life, I'd bin O2 in favour of EE, their customer service is better, as is the signal in most areas of Sheffield from them.

I have had frequent discussions with the automated chat bots on live chat,. and they either can't or won't do anything.

HELP before I take this POS phone and stuff it up someone's bum, sideways.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 This is not O2. This is a customer community. Chat bots are useless.

You can download the My Network app and report your issue: My Network App - Find Out More About Your Network Coverage | Apps | O2

If your coverage is as bad as you say it is then pay off your device and switch providers:

Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

MrRichAllen1976
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would but I don't have the £399.92 to pay it off.

Nor would Dad let me spend that kind of money if I did, I'm on benefits due to disability.

Message 9 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

On MyNetwork App I get this for the City Centre

1000008964.jpg

 Looks like access problems

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 12