cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone buyer asking for PUK, legit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently upgraded to a new phone and sold my old PAYG Samsung one on Ebay. It was sold locked to o2 and without a SIM. The actual telephone number was kept the same. The buyer is now asking for me to provide a PUK number. Is this legit or should she be finding her own PUK for her SIM ? Thanks in advance :).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

A puk unlocks a sim that has a password set that you have forgotten .

If you sold it sim free that is down to the buyer.

But if what the buyer wants to do is sim unlock ( i.e. to use a non o2 sim) they would now need to get an o2 payg sim and request the unlock themselves.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87332 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5291 Solutions

They can get a PUK readily from the O2 site and there is no harm in supplying that for them.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/getPUK/welcome

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently upgraded to a new phone and sold my old PAYG Samsung one on Ebay. It was sold locked to o2 and without a SIM. The actual telephone number was kept the same. The buyer is now asking for me to provide a PUK number. Is this legit or should she be finding her own PUK for her SIM ? Thanks in advance :).

This confuses me - if it was sold without a SIM how could the telephone number remain the same. Are you actually saying that the number on your NEW phone is the same?

As the PUK relates to the SIM they inserted I don't think they actually mean that. 

Did you set a security code to prevent SIM swapping?

Message 4 of 4