cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone bill phone disappeared

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a night out (in got spiked ) I woke up with no phone, keys etc. My phone bill has gone overdue but there is nothing I can do until Monday,  had a letter saying my contract will be terminated and the whole bill will be sent.  Is there any way I can rectify this situation? 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call O2 and speak to the debt recovery team http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call O2 and speak to the debt recovery team http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousOut of interest did you report the loss of your phone?? I hope so.

Various ways to do it following the advice in this link https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/bc-p/1023990#M54

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I didn't,  I have a tracker on it and located it in a street, locked it remotely leaving a message and heard nothing. Went to the address multiple times and no one answers. The thing is even if I did report it because I was drinking the police in my area would do nothing. Thank you for the quick reply:) 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply slight_smile 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully they didn't remove the sim and use it in a different phone then, or your bill could be very expensive!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have kept an eye on,my bill and it doesn't seem like they've used it so I'm pretty lucky. Again, thank you very much 

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou would still be wise to report it via the link given. See here....

If it's been lost, just let us know within 24 hours. We'll then cap your liability for calls and data to £100, in case there is any unauthorised use of your device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I get the feeling 24 hours has long since passed by and as the account is now disconnected it's useless to anyone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous is there any update on this? How did you get on with customer services? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10