Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Repair/ 02 problems

MaryFlange84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, After problems had with phone sending sony repair . Now back fully working.

02 charged me £25 deposit for replacement phone out of 80's , could got same phone asda £9.

Didnt have my phone for over 3wks due no fault my own having send for repair, 

Billed my phone plan, Airtime plan for service i wasnt even able use.

Replacement phone 3g txts and calls. 

Got intouch 02 make them aware reason not paid my bill because charge me £25 deposit because my 

phone was away get repaired. Wasn't happy didnt see why i should pay service no had due no fault my own.

Apparently doesnt matter phome away get repaired still got to pay your bill. Tried argue my case till blue face gave up in end.

Got letter yesterday phone 02 now in breach my contract now legal.

Be very greatful for some advice on this been stressing me out week, Even had phone switched off week cut off didnt see point having phone anymore... 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MaryFlange84

I don't think we can help really. As upsetting as this is, you do still have to pay your bill whilst the phone is away for repair.

O2 are interested in your bill being paid on time whatever the reason.

If you could borrow the money to pay your bill you will be reconnected.

I doubt it will help to put in a complaint so I will mention @Marjo or @EmilieT here in case they can offer further advice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Sorry for all that, but...
1 - It wasn't O2's fault that your phone broke.
2 - You could have still used your sim in another phone.
3 - You didn't have to take the loan phone from O2 and instead, purchased the £9 one from Asda.
4 - The £25 is refunded when you return the loan phone anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @MaryFlange84, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a stressful time confused I'd love to see if we could help from our end somehow, so I sent you a Private Message on the forum now to get a few more details and discuss this further. 

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

MaryFlange84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. Not paying they can take legal action cause willing fight my case. Human right.
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23215 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@MaryFlange84 You will be fighting a losing battle. A service was provided to you with a loaned phone, which you accepted. O2 was doing what was was required.

If you do not pay your bill, it will be handed over to debt collectors, and a negative mark will be placed on your credit rating, which will prevent you from taking a phone contract out with all the network providers, and impact you in many other aspects of your life. Please send a message to @EmilieT, who may be able to help, but it all may be too far down the road for that now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaryFlange84 They will cut you off & put on your credit score a default which will stay on there for at least 6 years & will be extremely hard to get credit for other things. Also o2 provided you with a loan phone which you accepted. They weren’t obligated to do that 

Message 7 of 7