Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line + Smart Watch Data

BazzaBee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a longtime O2 customer with a SIM-only contract, I've enjoyed its freedom and flexibility. Recently, I decided to upgrade my tech game with a new iPhone and an Apple Watch from a separate retailer, aiming to keep connected even without my phone nearby.

Setting up the new iPhone was a breeze; it was just a simple SIM card swap. I expected the same ease when integrating the Apple Watch, as numerous online tutorials and the O2 website suggested. The plan was to activate a mobile plan through the watch's app, ensuring connectivity. However, the reality was far from what I had anticipated.

After several unsuccessful attempts to activate the plan, I ventured into my local O2 store, hoping for a quick fix. Unfortunately, the in-store advice was to call O2's helpline. The helpline then ping-ponged me back to the store. This frustrating cycle revealed a surprising hitch: because I didn't purchase the watch directly from O2, they claimed it couldn't be connected to my account with a mobile plan.

This runs counter to the advice plastered all over O2's website and app, where they suggest activating mobile data on the watch is a simple task. I'm stuck in this loop, wanting to add a £7/month data line for my watch, yet being told it's impossible.

I'm turning to this community, hoping someone might have insights or similar experiences to help me navigate this issue. Can I resolve this and connect my Apple Watch to my O2 mobile plan?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@BazzaBee 

All we know here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@BazzaBee 

All we know here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2