Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying upfront cost with card registered to different address

JJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone confirm that it's okay to pay the upfront cost at upgrade with a card registered to a different address to my contract (eg a family member's?) if I enter their address with the card details?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@JJ 

You may have to register the card with O2 first as I have a feeling it automatically pulls in your registered card details.

If it allows you to enter card details at checkout it should be OK and of course, in store would also work for any card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JJ
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I did a "trial run" on the website as though upgrading now, and once you get to the basket stage, it says Delivery and I selected "Home Delivery".

Then I clicked "Checkout" and under Payment, it says "Your home address has to match your billing address". I click on "Choose a different address" and put in the billing address, then put the card number etc in.

Obviously I did not proceed as I don't want to upgrade til tomorrow, but if I did do you think 1) it would work but deliver to the billing address instead of my home address or 2) it would fail, due to the mismatch of billing and home address?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@JJ 

I wouldn't like to say it would be OK when I know how many issues there are with O2's payment systems if the slightest little thing is wrong.

To be safe, can the person who's paying just transfer the money to your account so you can pay it on your card?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JJ
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, I think we’re going to do that just to be safe! Thank you! slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144488 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
You're welcome @JJ

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6