cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off device plan and cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my contract is up next month and i have £30 left to pay on the device. I want to pay the 30 and cancel the contract because i dont really use the tablet out of the house so it's pointless to keep the air time going. So how do i go about doing this ??? Also what number do i phone or can they do it online....
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can make a payment through your MyO2
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 Or by calling customer service on 202.
Advice on cancelling here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can make a payment through your MyO2
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 Or by calling customer service on 202.
Advice on cancelling here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  Please take a look at this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 26

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Im not to sure if you can pay your final payment on the app  on a device plan and cancel contract tbh. Normally have to goto retentions to make final payment to cancel contract.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Since when?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 26

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

No reason you can't make a final device plan payment using any of the channels available - online, app, IVR or with an advisor. slight_smile 

Absolutely spot on that you have to speak to a member of the re-contracts/retentions team to give notice on and cancel the airtime plan though - although this can be via livechat or the contact centre, whichever you prefer. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 6 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Which is exactly what the cancellation guide states...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it was the payment methods that was causing confusion. Thanks for confirming what we thought.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Shussssh, we know that wink Happy Dance

Currently using:
Message 9 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Shussssh, we know that wink Happy Dance

I know @MI5 I just can't see the need for additional posts which can only confuse...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 26