cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying my bill over the phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I received a text saying that my bill was overdue and that I should ring the number that was provided, I did so and paid the bill. I have since received a text saying "Thanks for paying £32 with the card ending xxxx. Your reciept number is xxxxxx."

However since then I have recieved another text saying the same as the first text, can anyone help, has my bill been paid?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Best to ring 202 and just check the second sms had not crossed.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Best to ring 202 and just check the second sms had not crossed.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ring o2 on 202 from your phone to clarify..

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on when you made the payment over the phone, you could login to your My O2 and view all of your payments which will let you know if the payment was received or not.

Go to mymobile.o2.co.uk

click on "My bill" on the column on the left

Then click on "Payments"

then click on "View my payment history"

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever your bill is late theres usually an overlap period where the notification system that chases payment takes a little while to catch up with the news that the payment was made.  So in these instances you can get chase up messages despite having paid.

You've had a text with reference number, this is confirmation the payment went through.  I'd give it the rest of today and if still having chase messages tomorrow morning, call customer service and let them look into it.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course if you paid by direct debit (assuming you don't currently) then your bill would be paid on time and you wouldn't have this stress.

Message 6 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Of course if you paid by direct debit (assuming you don't currently) then your bill would be paid on time and you wouldn't have this stress.

All O2 contracts insist on you paying by dd, it is not an "option", this only happens when people decide to cancel them thinking they can control their accounts better than O2.

They often come unstuck doing this by missing payments and incurring late fees and reconnection charges.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I absolutely agree again with you Perksie. This is becoming a habit lol
Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

CheersPopcornWave

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9