cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for something I dont want

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Having just returned from honeymoon  I  downloaded my latest bill and noticed that  I appear to have been charged for receiving texts from O2 welcoming me to each of te countries we visited and telling me what the rates to use the phone would be.  As I didnt reqest these is there any mileage in asking for the money back?  Its only a couple of quid but its the principle and it seems like sharp practice to me.  If its in the T&C's then I apologise in advance.  Is there any way to opt out of these?

Trevor

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You aren't charged to receive texts? They are always free wherever you are...

Edited to add...I get texts from O2 every time I land in Spain which is about 8 times a year. They are part of O2 Travel. I have never been charged to receive them

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You aren't charged to receive texts? They are always free wherever you are...

Edited to add...I get texts from O2 every time I land in Spain which is about 8 times a year. They are part of O2 Travel. I have never been charged to receive them

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144970 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
What does it say the cost was for exactly in your My02?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Probably cost of connected to the internet on the foreign network. Even if you later went in and turned data off.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 If you read the post the OP states it is for receiving texts, nothing to do with the Internet, I think is because they may not have turned off voicemail before leaving 

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23201 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Anonymous If you're not sure what you've been charged for, call customer service and query it. It's luck of the draw who you speak to, but if you get a kind soul they may credit you back. You never know....:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6